Chapter 13

That night, Rose woke up in her room and sat up straight, the memories from the ball flooding her mind. Alexzander had told her something, and she couldn't respond how she wanted to. "Alex!" she called, climbing out of bed and running through the passageway.

~~~At the Ball~~~

"Rose," Alex started, sitting on the bench in the maze. Rosella sat down next to him, and he took her hands in his, "I know I probably should have told you this sooner, but I was scared too."

"What is it, my love?" she asked.

"It's easier just to show you," he replied. Rose started fighting back whoever was taking over her mind but failed. Alex kissed her. She felt him move down her neck, sighing as he reached her sweet spot. Then she felt his teeth sink into her skin and jumped back.

"What the hell!?" Rose yelled.

"Rose, calm down, please," he said. "I can explain everything."

"I don't want you to explain anything!" she cried, standing up.

"Just stop a minute, please, Rose. I'll do anything you want just, please don't tell."

"I want you to leave," she said, between teeth. "I never want to see you again. You're a monster." Rose could see the hurt in his eyes before she turned to leave.

~~~Present~~~

Rose opened the passageway door to Alex's room. The only light in the room was the moonlight from the window. "What do you want?" he asked from the window, not looking back at her. Rose could hear the hurt in his voice.

"It wasn't me," she whispered.

"It sure as hell sounded like it." Rose moved towards him. "Stop, Rose." She hesitated but didn't stop. She reached out to touch his arm, but he grabbed her pinning her to the wall. The curtain closed, and all Rose could see was his silver eyes in the darkness. "I told you I would leave in the morning," he growled. "what more do you want?"

"I love you," Rose whispered, trying to get out of his grip.

"No, you don't," Alex laughed. "You're just like her. You want to use me to turn you just like she did. I'm not going through that again." Rose managed to get one hand free and slapped him.

"How dare you tell me how I feel, Alexzander!" she yelled. "or did my words mean nothing to you, before this?!" He let go of her other arm. "I just came to apologize, but if you're going to start comparing me to your previous wife, this can not happen." Rose walked to the passage door, going to pull the lever. Suddenly, his hand was on top of hers.

"I'm sorry," Alex whispered. "I wasn't thinking properly." She glanced back at him, but he refused to look at her. "Your words tonight just brought back so many memories of that night."

"None of it was true," Rose whispered. "I know what I said. You're no monster. If you are, you're not very good at it." She turned around. "I never want you to leave my side. I would like to be your wife if you'll have me." Alex cupped her cheek, kissing her.

"We still need to talk alone." He picked her up carrying her to his bed.

"I think there was something in my drink," she told him, as he set her down. "I couldn't control anything no matter how hard I tried."

"I should have realized something was off."

"I'm sorry about everything that came out of my mouth. I think the jumping was me though; you didn't exactly warn me."

"I expected you to jump, that's why I didn't go that deep." Alex looked at his bite. "You'll get used to it eventually."

"So, you'll still have me?"