Chapter 26

Sitting by the shrine, while humming your favorite melody, you couldn't help but missed Rikuo's company for the whole day. Today he was with his friends, and you decided to just stay at your shrine.

The sound of flapping feathers could be heard as one of Karasu-tengu's children appeared a few feat away from you, it was Kuroumaru.

You smiled up at the appearance, it was Kuroumaru.

"what's wrong Kuroumaru-kun?", you tilted your head slightly. He cleared his throat, "there are chances that Rikuo-sama is going to be injured, so please come with me", he held out his hand and you, who didn't waste any time to take his hand, forgot to tell Tsuoki and Tsubaki about your where-about.

When you arrived you saw familiar faces, you quickly ran and stop right infront of Rikuo, "please stop Mamiru-kun!". At the mention of his own name, the pair of amber eyes stopped what he was doing, along with Kubinashi's strings that stopped him from hurting his master.

"(nickname)..-chan?", he voiced out with a small voice.

"(name)-chan?", Rikuo looked up at you.

"eh??? What's going on (name)-chan??", Yura's mouth went agape at the sight.

"(name)..? what are you doing?", Ryuji narrowed his eyes on you.

Before you could voice out your thought, almost all the Nura Clan started to surrounded the place. You quickly went to Rikuo who was sitting on the ground with one leg up. You placed your small palm on his injured cheek with worried eyes. He look up at you, staring at your beautiful features, "I'm fine, (name)-chan".

"baka! Ryuji-kun and Mamiru-kun could've killed you", tears were brimming in your eyes. He chuckled softly and held both your hand in his, "don't worry...as long as I'm okay right now, sorry for worrying you".

"oi! Who are you?", Ryuji said while glaring daggers into Rikuo's head, while you scooted away a bit for Ryuji to look at him. Ryuji was still frowning at the thought that you were friends with some yokai who are not from under you.

"I'm the Young Master of the Nura Clan, the Great Yokai Yakuza Family of eastern Japan, Nurarihyon's grandson, Nura Rikuo", he introduced himself.

Ryuji frowned a bit, before he rolled his eyes, "(name) come here... I need to talk to you and Yura". You turned your head a bit, "about what?". "come here and I'll tell you", he ushered you with the wave of his hand. You stood up properly and walked to him, but after that Mamiru dashed towards Rikuo with electric in his hand.

Your eyes widened, "Mamiru-kun!".

Before he could get closer to Rikuo, both Aotabou and Kurotabou stopped and cornered him.

Ryuji clicked his tongue, "I told you to stop didn't I? they outnumbered us", just then water just got out from Mamiru's mouth which made him chocked on himself, the water that belongs to Ryuji's shikigami , Garou.

You look at Mamiru and he looked at you, he seemed different, "Mamiru-kun....what did they do to you..?". "(nickname)-chan...", he muttered.

"(name)....you should stay here in Tokyo and Yura come with us back to Kyoto and stop your training", he said with a straight face, "unfortunately Shuji and Koreto died, the second kekkai barrier was broken, by Hagoromo Gitsune".

The name Hagorome Gitsune made your heart thump loudly and you could feel your heart hurt.

"and....(name)", he looked down on the ground, avoiding your gaze, "I'm sorry to say this....your father...your shrine....your familiars....". You furrowed your brows and grasped his arm, "they're doing just fine, right?". "Hagoromo Gitsune's underling tried to find you in your shrine in Kyoto, when they couldn't find any traces of you......they......killed...all of the yokais and people...including your father", he said while looking away.

Yura's eyes widened in shock.

You couldn't comprehend what he was saying, so you clenched his sleeve, "Ryuji-kun...don't you dare lie infront of me". Suddenly you remembered the dream you had the other day when you had a fever, you didn't know it was going to be true.

"I'm sorry...I didn't got there on time".

"this....Hagorome Gitsune.....does she had long black hair.......and.......dark.....black eyes", you said carefully while trembling, slowly losing yourself. Ryuji didn't expect you to know her appearance, "how did you know?".

"I... saw her in my dreams...", you said with a small voice as you look down on the ground, your bangs covering your melancholy gaze.

Ryuji furrowed his brows, "all the more reason for you to stay in Tokyo, stay at a place where there are more guardians, your shrine is not safe", he stared at you who didn't even make any moves as he peeked to see your eyes lifeless, he clicked his tongue and held both of your arm, "or.....(name).... You can join us to go back to Kyoto, we'll protect you..... I'll protect you with my life".

You didn't utter any words back and he took your silence as a yes.

Rikuo was a bit concern when he heard that your father was killed in Kyoto, but chances for you to follow Ryuji to Kyoto will get yourself into a more dangerous situation, and he didn't want that to happen, before he could voice out what he wanted to say, Ryuji beat him to it.

"Nura Rikuo, I'm giving your grandfather Nurarihyon another message, that had been sent down for generations", he walked over to him, "Never come to our house again! We're not gonna feed you!". Ryuji stood up carefully, and walked to both you and Mamiru, "let's go".

Rikuo's eyes widened as you followed the two lads. "(name)-chan?". You didn't answer him at all, since you were lost into your own thoughts, both sad and concerned.

You left him just like that.

Following what he assumed strangers to you.

He was shocked on his own, but he knew deep down that those two will protect you. So he collected himself and fought the urge to follow you. 'I'll go to you next time, wait for me....', he thought to himself. 

[Miru's note:~ hope that didn't surprise you that much? hehe, anyway thank you for supporting me !!!! love you lovelieessss]