Chapter 14

It all happened so fast, you being injured and captive in the arms of the enemy, as Yuki-onna was injured after protecting her master, Rikuo holding his katana with a bleeding head.

"Rikuo-kun... just leave and help Yuki-onna...", you plead with a smile.

"oi girly, shouldn't you be worried of yourself?", Gozumaru smirked from behind you, "geez, so you were the one giving out this sweet smell..", he sniffed with a small frown.

Rikuo growled, "I will never abandon you, (name)-chan, never! Let her go!", he yelled as he ran as fast as he could while swinging his katana skillfully towards Gozumaru, of course avoiding you.

"where is Tsuoki-kun?", you shifted your blank gaze to Gozumaru who was still holding you captive. "Tsuoki? The fire fox? Heh, he got lost in the midst of the forest while he was trying to find me".

Suddenly you felt a change of humidity in the air, and you turned your head to look at Rikuo, only to realize that he had changed onto his yokai form. Gozumaru laughed, "what do we have here?", he pushed you away to the side and prepared for a real fight with Rikuo.

You fell on your knees before turning around, seeing Rikuo's glare hardened when he saw you were treated roughly right infront of his eyes. You lightly smiled up at him and shaking your head, indicating that you're okay, but he didn't believe it.

He skillfully flashed toward Gozumaru, cutting all his crab-like-arms but one in one swift movement. Gozumaru was surprised and tried to counter-attack but Rikuo was far more stronger than him, he ended up bleeding severely so he quickly retreated.

Rikuo unsheathed his katana and walked over to you before extending his hand, "are you okay, (name)-chan?". You grabbed his hand lightly before smiling, "I'm fine... but we should worry more about her though", you tilted your head and walked but stumbled, and Rikuo quickly caught you before you fell to the ground.

"what's wrong?", he furrowed his brows at you, but you were avoiding his stare because your eyes were fixed on helping Yuki-onna.

"I-I'm fine", you stood properly and tried to walk over to her again, but stumbled for the second time. "hei-".

"(name)-sama, let me take her", another voice intervened. Rikuo raise his eyebrow as he noticed Tsuoki was walking with a small frown, "you had one job, and you messed up", he glared at Rikuo. Rikuo glared back at him, "like wise".

You, noticing the tension, poke both of their forehead at the same time with both your index and middle finger (like Itachi), "stop it guys". Tsuoki quickly switched his gaze to you and held both your hands, "are you okay, (name)-sama? Your knees are bleeding".

Hearing him, that's when Rikuo notices, he thought it was his imagination. His imagination told him that the scent was getting stronger than before, but he didn't know it was from your blood.

"don't worry~ it's going to heal on it's own", you smiled up at them, you stared at your knees before wiping your blood with your sleeves and soon enough the cut was gone, "there you go, good as new~", you grinned cutely. Rikuo heaved out a sigh of relief before ruffling your upper hair, "well then, can I trust Yuki-onna to you? I'm going up", he said in a serious tone.

"you can count on me and Tsuoki-kun", you smiled for nth time of the day. As soon as he heard that, he nodded his head and smiled hotly at you, "stay safe (name)-chan", then he walked away.

You went over to Yuki-onna and hovered your hand over her injuries as a (fav/colour) lighted up from your hand and healed her injuries. Smiling softly as you realized that she only suffered minor injuries.

"ne... Tsuoki-kun", you called out to him.

"yes, (name)-sama?", he took one step closer to you.

"I can't believe I forgot about this mountain...", you chuckled while shaking your head, "this mountain is known for yokais to run here freely and.... Eating human", you said with a monotone voice.

He clicked his tongue, "I knew we shouldn't have come here".

"and let my friends be endangered??", after saying that, you gasped, "oh no, my friends!", you stood up properly, but got stopped by Tsuoki. He rolled his eyes and replied, "fortunately the Nura clan had thought ahead of them, they knew who this mountain belongs to, and knew that it may cause danger so they had back up.... I sense the three crows from back then and also a big guy along with her", he ushered to Yuki-onna who was still lying unconscious, probably sleeping, on the ground, "I saw the big guy caught on to the stupid-yokai-lover and also the blonde-idiot whom were unconscious".

Hearing his words made you heaved out a sigh of relief, but soon after that you pinched one of his fox ears, despite him being so tall. "stop being rude by naming them like that", you giggled. "OW-OUCH!", he whined. "for now, let's just help her go to a more safe place...... would you mind if you help me carry Yuki-onna?".

He raise one of his eyebrows in confusion before narrowing his eyes on her, "I'd rather die then helping another yokai". You stared at him for about 10 second making him looking back at you with a determined look.

You leaned down to drape Yuki-onna's arm around your neck, "I should've went here alone and not let Tsubaki-kun give you the permission to come with me", you muttered. Hearing that, made Tsuoki's eyes widened and quickly changed his mind, he swiftly picked Yuki-onna in a piggy-back style.

"my lady shouldn't force yourself too much, after this event I'm not going to let you out of my sight, now please tell me where should I drop her?".

Giggling at his response, you shook your head, "let's just find some place where it's safe, before we help aiding the others", you smiled up at him as you stated, making him nodded his head while walking side by side with you to the safest place.

Where?

Walking down from the mountain, you met up with Kana who was lost and now decided to follow you instead, after seeing a what seemed like injured Tsurara.