~Mozzarella Sticks~

One of my fave foods....

What you need:

- Panko breadcrumbs ( As many)

- 2-4 eggs 

- Flour

- Mozzarella cheese block (can be string cheese... ) 

THINGS TO KNOW!

First, they should be breaded twice so they have a thick enough shell to keep the cheese inside.

The other thing is to freeze them for at least two hours before frying, otherwise the cheese will likely ooze out of the shell, and that's no fun.

The upside to this is you can make these a day ahead of time and keep them in the freezer, and fry them whenever you're ready to serve.

Heck, you could just keep ready-to-fry mozzarella sticks in your freezer for whenever you feel like making them!

How to Make Mozzarella Sticks:

To get started, cut a whole milk mozzarella block into sticks (But if you have string cheese, skip the cutting!) , and dip each stick into flour, egg, then in bread crumbs.

Repeat this process twice, so you get a thick enough coating on the outside.

Freeze the mozzarella sticks for two hours, then deep fry for about 30-60 seconds, until golden brown.

It really doesn't take long, as the coating is so thin, and you don't want to overcook the cheese in the middle!

~ Leah (Cutecupheadshipper)

Bonn Appetite!