Chapter 3: Hello, again

"So how did it happen?" Sara asked you again. "He found me wondering the woods behind the zoo and saved my life!" You sigh dreamily and dramatically. Sara laughs. "You sure you didn't imagine it?" "I'm sure." You said assuringly. You proceed to tell her the whole story. "That's awesome!" She shouts when you finish the story. "So what's up with you?" "Oh not much... just Sam finally asked me out!" You both sequel excitedly. Sara has had a crush on him for three years. You talk about that for an hour and then hang up because Sara has to go to bed. Since it is two in the morning there. It is also Saturday for them while it is Sunday for you.

You run downstairs and ask "Mom did you finish he application for me to volunteer at the zoo?" "Almost done." Your mon answers typing on her computer. You do a quick happy dance before sitting down and grabbing a cookie or two. Okay more like five. After a minute or two your mom tells you "I'm done. You just need to sign here." You quickly sign. The paper she had printed out. "I'll drop it off tomorrow after work. You throw yourself dramatically on the table. "I can't wait that long!" Your mom laughs and says "well they have to review it first and it says that can take a week or two. You sigh heavily. "Well can we go to the zoo soon?" You ask desperately. "Tomorrow okay? Olivia isn't feeling well today so tomorrow she will be." You nod your head. "Well hopefully she will be." She adds. You nod again and go to your room. Your dad set up your T.V while you were on your adventure. You turn on Crikey! It's the Irwins and watch happily. It's weird to think that you have met Robert in real life. You binge watch season one again and then what of two is out. You fall asleep to the sound of Robert's soothing voice. 

In the morning you lather on sun screen and get ready for your trip to the zoo. You and your family eat some breakfast and rush into the car. When you get there a few minutes later you get tickets and go through the gates to the busy zoo. "I'll meet you guys at Crikey café in two hours m'kay?" You asked your parents. "And if you are not their we are going to assume you were eaten by a crocodile." Your dad answers. "See yah later!" You shout. "In a while crocodile!" Your dad responds. You and your mom roll your eyes and laugh. You wonder around until you come up to the African animal exhibit. You watch the giraffes eat some leaves off a tree. After five minutes you turn to move on but have your eyes fixated on the animals still you run into Robert. This trips him and you both fall your face inches from his. "Hello, again Y/N." He says to you. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" You quickly explain. "It's fine! He says happily." You get off of him and he gets up. He dusts himself off. Your knee suddenly starts hurting a lot. "Oh Y/N! Your knee it's bleeding!" You look down to see blood gushing from your knee down to your sock and shoe. "Oh it's fine." You say and wipe the blood with your hand. All this does is smear it.     

"Come here. I'm sure that we have some band aids somewhere in the office." He tells you. "No really I'm fine." You say half because your embarrassed and half because your don't want to bother him more then you have already. "I insist." He says. You look into his ice blue eyes. They are so gorgeous but you can't keep looking so he doesn't think you are weird. "Okay fine." You feel slightly pressured by his eyes. He leads you to the front of the zoo. You really hope you don't run into your family. "So you couldn't get enough huh?" Robert asked teasingly. "Oh I just couldn't wait to see you again. Hopefully embarrass myself again and have you help me." You say dramatically. You walk the rest of the way in silence. When you arrive to the building he leads you in. You walk past a bunch of offices and conference rooms. You finally arrive to what you think is the break room. "Sit." He tells you pointing to a chair. You obey and sit. He hands you a wet paper towel and you wipe the blood off and then hold it on your knee. He grabs the first aid kit and pulls out a large bandage. He opens it and puts it over your knee. "All better. Let's hope the next time we run into each other it's on better terms, ah?" He asks you jokingly. You can't process what just happened. He thinks there is going to be a next time? Omg! Omg! Omg!" You think. He waves his hand over your face "Y/N?" "Sorry. Thank you. Bye." You get up and walk out. He chases after you. "Oh no. I'm walking you. No more injuries!" He tells you sternly. You laugh at his serious face. "I'm meeting my family at Crikey café in..." You check your phone. "Fifteen minutes." "Well lets head there." He responds and he leads the way.

You and Robert make small talk for a little bit until you arrive at the café. Your family is standing there. "Darn it she is still alive! I thought she got eaten by a crocodile!" Your dad tells your mom dramatically. "Hey I'm right here!" You shout and playfully shove him. Your mom looks at Robert and back at you. "Robert is my hero! He stopped me from bleeding to death!" You say in purely faked awe. You swoon a tiny bit. Everyone laughs. "I know you! We see you on T.V." Olivia says. "Your a fan of the show? Good to know!" Robert tells her. "Robert? Your needed at the wildlife hospital." His walkie talkie sounds. "That's my  cue to leave! Duty calls! Well more like mom!" Everyone laughs. He walks away. But then he turns around and says to you "See you around Y/N." And then continues to walk away.  Your mom wiggles her eyebrows. "He's cute! Is he single?" She asks. "Mom!" You shout your cheeks reddening. "No way!" You say again. "What? Is it bad to want my daughter to date?" "Honestly yes!" You respond. Your dad obviously embarrassed says "let's go eat!" You all agree and go to eat.

A/N: wow I wasn't expecting anyone to read the story! I feel pressured now to write good chapters! Also ignore the time of year. Into not consistent and it would be best for you to pretend it doesn't exist. I'll try to update when I can! Thanks for reading!

-Robert Irwin's future wife. (Hoepfully)