•Not Alone• (Five x Reader)

Começar do início

"What are we gonna do about the men in the vault room? There are too many guys," Madelyn states.

I furrow my eyebrows and tap my mask in thought. "I ... I don't know–"

"We can take it from here!" An all-to-familiar voice calls out.

We turn our attention to the famous Umbrella Academy—though, they seem pretty infamous to me. Number One struts up to us, looking slightly annoyed.

"You do realize you guys aren't the actual heroes," He sneers.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "You don't have to be seen by the public to be heroes," I remark.

Number Five teleports next to me and smirks. "If you aren't appreciated for almost dying, what's the point of trying so hard?" He asks.

Evelyn groans in annoyance. "Guys, we shouldn't be bickering like this. How about we get the hostages out and you guys can take care of the vault."

I stare at her in disbelief. "Evelyn–"

"Good idea, Evelyn," Number One cuts me off again.

I cross my arms and pout my bottom lip. The other three from the Academy follow Number One to the vault room door. The rest of my team goes over to untie and help the hostages.

Number Five stops and whispers to me, "Just so you know, I appreciate the help you guys give us every now and then." He smiles charmingly at me, making my heart skip a beat.

I smile back and pat his shoulder. "Thanks, Five. You really are the best sibling out of them all," I tell him sincerely.

I run over to help my team and take one last glance at him before guiding the hostages to the bank's doors. Adrian looks back at Five and catches him staring at me. He quickly looks away when Number One calls for his attention and pulls him back into their group huddle. Adrian grins slyly and looks back at me.

I wasn't paying attention though. I was still upset that Number One just pushed us to the side like that. We just wanted to help innocent people. Can't he at least appreciate the work we put into this? I mean, we did pretty well for only being thirteen-year-olds! God, I hate him.

Madelyn instructs the hostages to leave the building with their hands up and tells them to be careful.

One of the people in the group asks, "Wait, who are you girls?"

We glance at each other and look at her proudly. "Miss, we are the Odd Four. Please, stay safe and keep out of trouble," I answer to her.

I gesture for my friends to follow me and they do so. We sneak out of one of the office's windows and stay behind the bank for a minute to cheer and pat each other on the back.

"Guys, did you see me! I was like, fwoosh! And then I was like, wa-bam!" Evelyn exclaims, punching and kneeing the air.

Madelyn laughs. "Yeah. You're best part was untying the hostages."

Evelyn rolls her eyes and shoves Madelyn. "Oh, hush. I didn't ask for your sass," Evelyn retorts, snapping her fingers sassily.

We laugh at our silliness.

"Oh, wait! I saw something very interesting," Adrian coos, giving me side glances and wiggling her eyebrows.

My suspicion rises. "Why are you giving me that look?"

Adrian giggles and gazes at all of us. "I saw a certain someone giving [Name] here the look."

Evelyn gasps and shakes Adrian's shoulders. "Who? Tell me! Please!"