"You're going too?" I asked surprised. Slade beamed and nodded, clasping his hands.

"Vladimir invited us last night when he gave us a ring. Fantastic, I say. I've never been to a vampire party before. Is there drinks aside from blood?" He asked, making Mark roll his eyes as I smiled lightly.

"Yes. I'm sure Vladimir will be kind enough to put something out for you." I responded.

"I'm not sure if I'm gonna go." Zander admitted, making us blink and look at him in surprise. I didn't ask if Zander was invited or not, but judging by the way he said that, he was invited. It was strange for Vladimir to invite a witch to a party. The only reason Selene was ever invited was because her husband was a psychic and psychics were considered part of our world.

"Why not? Who's supposed ta be me date?" Slade complained. Zander blushed hard, clearing his throat and pushing up his glasses on his nose.

"It's not my type of thing. I'm always a wallflower at parties and it'll be even worse at a party for the supernatural. Besides, I'm sure my grandparents want me to come by and visit for Christmas break anyhow." He responded. There were so many excuses bundled up in that one response that I knew Zander was lying and hiding another reason. And the glance he spared at Slade told me everything.

I should've figured it out before. The way Zander worried about Slade constantly and always chided him and took care of him. Zander liked Slade, but Slade was too oblivious. How weird that a psychic couldn't even tell when his own friend had a crush on him. It almost made me laugh, but instead, I smiled.

"It won't be any fun without you, Zander." I pointed out. Zander blushed even more and Slade smacked his hands on the table.

"Yer goin' whether ya went ta o' not. I need a date and yer me date." Slade insisted stubbornly. I looked at Zander, who grimaced a little, tilting his head before he reluctantly sighed.

"Fine, fine... But don't expect me to dance or anything." Zander added, reaching out to take a sip of his coffee. Slade beamed brightly. The rest of our breakfast was spent talking about the party and everything. I felt like I was gossiping about prom. I ended up not going to my high school prom for obvious reasons and just stayed home to study. Because of my extra studying, I was chosen as valedictorian of my class. Now I'd get the chance to actually go to a party. Without a date, sure, but it was a party none the less and I was excited.

After breakfast, we split up and went to do our own thing. I had two exams to take, but I flew through them easily from all the studying I'd done the night before. I kept checking the clock until it was six before I hurriedly went out to the bus stop to meet Nathan at the restaurant he'd chosen.

He said it was a nice restaurant, so I dressed appropriately in black slacks and a loose black cardigan over a blue button up shirt. Of course, I also wore my jacket over top to keep from shivering. I was relieved as the bus swung by and I took the seat with the heater that warmed up the backs of my legs.

It was deeper into the city than I'd been before. The bus dropped me off and I was just getting out my phone as I walked inside.

"Alexander Lee Grey?" The waiter behind the podium asked. I looked up, blinking.

"Uhm, yes?"

"Right this way, please." He said with a warm smile. I smiled back politely and followed him through the restaurant to a booth by the window where Nathan was already sitting, wearing a nice black button up shirt and black jeans. He smiled at me as I came over and sat across from him. The waiter placed down a menu and stood by as I chose something hot to drink before watching him leave.