Extended Summary

She denies it. But the truth is, she's falling in love with him.

══════════ ◦◦◦❃◦◦◦ ══════════

CATARINA BORELLO AND PETER PARKER HAD BEEN FRIENDS EVER SINCE THEY WERE FIVE. It was a friendship born from the most unlikely of circumstances, with Catarina "saving" Peter from a group of bullies who wouldn't leave him alone. None of them had expected such a small, sweet girl to pack such a punch, but she did, and Peter had stuck by her ever since.

Catarina - nicknamed Cat by her friends and family - had always been a girl of many sides. She was sweet yet sassy, soft yet strong, blunt yet considerate. And she never tolerated any sort of nonsense, telling it to you straight no matter who you were. Despite her size and outwardly innocent appearance, Cat was very tough and very brave, often putting herself in reckless and sometimes dangerous situations in order to protect herself and her friends, or to prove a point to someone who doubted her.

No one could really understand how Peter, who had always been (for the most part) the complete opposite of Cat, was friends with her. But they were as close as they could get, their relationship built on years of mutual trust, honesty, and respect.

However, when an eventful field trip leads Peter to start behaving strangely, Cat begins to grow concerned. He misses or is late to class, ditches their plans to hang out, and frequently winds up with mysterious bruises and cuts. Cat can't help but wonder if he's hiding something from her, even though they promised to always be honest.

Determined to help her friend, Cat sets out on a journey to discover what went wrong and what caused him to change so drastically. But she has no idea that the boy she loves is still right there in front of her - hidden under layers of secrets and lies.

Layers that she now has to strip away.

══════════ ◦◦◦❃◦◦◦ ══════════

- warning -
This book contains strong language, mild misogyny/sexism, fantasy action violence, and possible triggers (anxiety, depression, death, etc.)

- disclaimer -
I don't own Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Marvel, Sony, their plots, or any of their respective characters. I do, however, own Catarina Borello, along with her original dialogue and interactions, as well as any other original characters that I may include.

- dedications -

hermicnee

fatheraliyuh

CallingCollins

confrontxtion

ashersangel

harleyQuinnfan17

neplutos 

- author's note -
ok so i must have rewritten this book at least five times by now but this is the last time, for sure.

i honestly don't know why i keep attempting to write peter fics, 99% of the time i either scrap them or never even publish them. the only peter fic i actually did finish totally flopped, so i scrapped it too. but honestly if i can stick with my miles fic for this long, i think i can stick with this one.

anyway, the extended summary is pretty shitty i know, so i'll probably go back and edit it later, but for now i hope you get the gist of it. cat & peter are gonna be cute as hell and i'm super excited.

also, yes, i did use the name cat as in cat from victorious. it was no accident, i did it on purpose. so please don't keep pointing it out, k? thanks. 

UPDATE (as of 10/10/22): Also, I would like to make it very clear here. I DO NOT TOLERATE NEGATIVITY OF ANY KIND IN THIS BOOK. I read every single comment in my books and in the past there have been many comments where people have said some very rude things (i.e., telling my characters to fuck off, telling my characters to go fuck themselves, throwing shade or being rude/hateful towards nice, good people just because of what their characters said/did, etc.), and quite frankly, I'm tired of it. So from now on, any comments like that will be deleted if I see them, and if you leave multiple comments of that nature, you will be muted. So basically, if you don't have anything nice to say, do me and yourself a favor and keep it to yourself. Thank you.

well, let's get this thing started, and hopefully it won't suck :)

══════════ ◦◦◦❃◦◦◦ ══════════

STATUS: ONGOING
STARTED: 12/22/19
ENDED: ---

══════════ ◦◦◦❃◦◦◦ ══════════

This book is part of my Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Series, which is a series of books set in the Marvel Universe that connect in some way or form

This book is part of my Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Series, which is a series of books set in the Marvel Universe that connect in some way or form. It's not necessary to read all the books in the series to understand this one, but if you want to learn more about a character that is referenced or guest starred, I suggest you check out that character's book, too.