Chapter 1

*For the sake of this story, Zelina's a lot younger than she actually is.

Character Bio:

Name: Cedric Anthony Harvey Jr

Ring Name: Ced

Height: 6'3

Weight: 250 Pounds

Billed From: Miami, FL

Nickname: "The King/The King of the Ring", "The Chosen One", "The Greatest of All-Time", "Young Simba" and "The Architect of Violence"

Monday, February 21st, 2000 – Atlanta, GA

A 6-year-old, Cedric Anthony Harvey Jr sat in the Georgia Dome with a Michael Jordan #23 home jersey with a smile on his face. His father sat beside him and looked on with a smile on his face as he watched his son look on in amazement. The Rock was making his entrance. He got up on the turnbuckle and looked on into the crowd gaining cheers from his fans.

"Dad, I want to be just like him," Cedric told his father.

"No, you don't. You want to be better than him. You want people to think of you as one of the greatest athletes of all time." Cedric Sr whispered in Cedric Jr's ear. CJ turned his head and looked at his dad. His dad nodded at him. CJ then hugged his dad smiling.

"I will. I'm gonna be the WWF Champion!" CJ said

(!)

18 Years Later – January 10th, 2018 – Atlanta, GA

That same memory was running through the mind of the 6'3, 240-pound male who stood behind Raul Mendonza. He had caramel-colored skin with a low-cut black fade with waves growing up on the top with black eyebrows and chocolate-brown eyes. He had a cut on his left eyebrow from his 1st ever wrestling match. On the top part of the right arm, he had a lion head tattooed on his upper bicep. On his left arm, he had a dagger in grey ink that had a snake wrapping around it till it got to the top where it bit down on a skull that was cracked. He had the names of his grandmothers on his wrist as well, the name Diana of his paternal grandmother on his left wrist with the name, Glenda of his maternal grandmother on his right wrist. Around his index finger, he had the name Kimberly tattooed around it. He had a well-built physique sort of like that of a bodybuilder with his body having only having about 13% body fat. His build and his tattoos added to the idea that he was truly what he said he was an in-ring assassin ready to destroy and conquer anything that gets in his way of greatness. On his left hand, he had the date of his wrestling debut, 5/17/15.

He wore his ring gear which consisted of black boots, knee pads, wrist tape, and trunks with his ring name in black with a glossy black outline and a roaring lion head on the back in black with a glossy black outline as well.

"Get Up!! He yelled as Raul had gotten up to his feet. Raul turned around and was immediately caught in The Deathbomb (Fireman's Carry into Neckbreaker Slam). Ced quickly into the cover.

1....

2....

3....

"Icon (Instrumental)" by Jaden Smith Plays

"Here is your winner: Ced!!!!" The fans cheered as Ced got up to his feet with a frown while the referee raised his arm in victory. He then walked over to the ropes looking for a mic as he panted for his breath. He nodded his head as he was handed a mic while his music faded off into the background.

"Icon" Fades

"It's been one hell of a ride, Atlanta," He said on the mic as the fans cheered. He looked around the arena. A small smile snuck its way onto his face he looked down at the canvas biting back the tears that were threatening to come out. He let out a deep breath and raised the mic back up to his lips as he spoke.

"It's somewhat ironic. My dreams of being a professional wrestler started right here in the city of Atlanta, Georgia. As a young 6-year-old boy sat in the cheap seats with his dad in the Georgia Dome on February 21st, 2000," he said as he went down memory lane with a smirk.

"My mom and dad worked tirelessly day and night to save up the money for those tickets. Now we weren't poor but we weren't rich so everything we had, we had to work for. And I've always been grateful to those two. On that night, I watched The Rock walk down the ramp, make his entrance, step foot inside this ring and compete in a 6-Man Tag Team match. And ever since that night the only thing I have ever wanted to do was step foot in this ring and perform night in and night out in the center of the ring. And compete against the best to be the best," He said while the fans started to clap louder for him.

"And for the past 4 years, I've down that as a member of the NXT Roster, I've done that. 2-time NXT Champion, NXT Superstar of the Year, Breakout Star of the Year. You name it, I've done it. I have accomplished everything I have set out to accomplish here in NXT. Which brings me to the billion dollar question thats on everyone's mind: What's next for Ced?"

"It's time I continue my path of dominance elsewhere. But make no mistake about it, NXT will always be my kingdom. NXT will always be my home," Ced said as he gently placed the mic down in the center of the ring and walked over to the ropes. He looked around the arena as his music started playing on the sound system.

"Icon" Plays

He took a deep breath as he stepped out of the ring and started to make his way up the ramp with a smile as he took it all in getting his last feel for his "home".

(!)

CJ walked backstage with a towel around his neck with a water bottle in his hands. He chugged the water bottle before throwing it away and undoing his wrist tape. He turned his head and looked at Kenneth Crawford AKA Montez Ford and Gary Gordon AKA Angelo Dawkins.

"What's good, Superstar!" Kenneth greeted as Gary waved at him. Ced smiled and pointed towards the two greeting them as he continued to walk on. He was walking until he felt someone tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see Thea Trinidad standing there with her hands on her hips.

"What?" He asked.

"You didn't say Hi to me when you first got to the arena or give me a hug," Thea said making him roll his eyes. He then leaned down and hugged her, lifting her up in the process.

"Put me down! Put me down! Put me down!" Thea said with an angry tone. It made CJ chuckle due to her height. He gently put her down on her feet before she slapped his shoulder and walked away leaving him there with that same smile.

"I still expect you to take me to my hotel tonight." She said while walking away.

"What about Tom and Manuel?"

"They'll figure it out. I'm mad at Tom and Manuel is Manuel, so he'll be with some girl all night."

"Alright. Call me," He said as she turned and looked back at him and continued to walk away. He stared at her as she walked and chuckled a bit. CJ and Thea had been friends now for a while. Ever since she first arrived at NXT. He was assigned to be her workout partner for a bit and they became friends, confiding in each other. And every once in a while, when her boyfriend made her upset, he would act as her driver and bodyguard while she would act as his stylist and off-screen manager at times. Sometimes, he would venture in and out of a desire for her to be his actual girlfriend but he missed his chance months ago when she started to date Tom Budgen AKA Aleister Black.

"Ced." He heard making him turn his head and watch as the Founder and Senior Producer of NXT, Paul Levesque AKA Triple H walked towards him.

"I watched your promo and I wanted to commend you on that promo, it wasn't your best but it was good nonetheless. You know that you've been a cornerstone in NXT for the past 4 years and I'm happy to see that you've grown into the role. I've seen you grow ever since you first walked through the doors of NXT and you've grown into a superstar that exudes what NXT stands for. And with that being said, you asked what's left for you to accomplish in NXT and I have the answer for you. Nothing. But there's a lot for you to accomplish on the main roster. So, when the superstar shake-up happens expect to be placed on Smackdown Live." Paul told CJ as he shook hands with him and then walked away. CJ smiled as he then punched the air repeatedly chuckling.

His life was about to change and his career was about to get better.