A New and Happy Beginning Part One

Comincia dall'inizio

Finally, Ash saw Clemont and Bonnie standing next to another buffet table. Clemont was wearing a dark teal suit that reminded Ash a bit of the one he'd worn when they went to that dance party for Pokémon Performers. Bonnie was wearing a little yellow dress that was really similar to the one that she'd worn for that very same party.

But he didn't see Serena there. The reason why was because Ash had made a note earlier during the preparations not to invite her to this event. Not because he wanted to be mean to her, but because of her huge crush on him, the one that hadn't wavered since they were seven, and the one that most likely was still there, even after he had politely turned her down after their journey in Kalos. If she knew about him and Dawn from someone else, it would be a lot worse. But Ash knew that at least Serena knows how to take a hint, unlike Miette. He thought that maybe he could talk to her after the party. He wasn't exactly sure of the time difference between Hoenn and Sinnoh, but he should probably call her later. After all, she was a friend, and it was best if she heard about him and Dawn from him first, before anyone else.

Now, the guests were quieting down as the royal sisters were ready to make their appearance. Salvia's butler came to the entrance, ready to announce them. "Presenting Their Royal Highnesses, Princess Salvia and Princess Dawn!" He announced with a loud voice.

The gathered crowd began to clap loudly but politely as the twin princesses made their royal entrance. Salvia wore a pale blue gown, similar to her everyday casual dress, but the skirt was longer, and she wore her hair in a high bun with thin tendrils framing her face.

But it was the sight of Dawn that took Ash's breath away. She wore a light pink ball gown with white off-the-shoulder straps with a darker pink ribbon tied around her waist. She also wore matching white opera gloves and there was a pearl necklace with a diamond pendant fastened around her neck. Her hair was tied up into a bun with longer strands of hair framing her face and on her head, she wore a silver tiara. Ash's eyes trailed down to her hands and saw that her right hand was covering her left hand. He bit his lip to hide a smile as he made eye contact with her.

Dawn lightly blushed when she saw him. She thought that he couldn't get any more handsome, but he'd proved her wrong again. He looked like a dashing rogue of a prince. But the sparkle in his warm amber eyes reflected the wonder, love, and child-like innocence that only Ash could possess for every person and Pokémon that he meets. She smiled brightly at him and continued with Salvia to the front of the room so that they could address everyone, her right hand lightly squeezing her left one.

"Greetings, noble guests and friends." Salvia began. "We have invited you all here to welcome my sister, Princess Dawn, back into our society after six long years. As most of you have experienced, it seemed that she and this entire castle were wiped out from our memories during that time, and now, only recently, we have all regained those memories. So now, I believe that my sister will explain to all of us how that happened."

Salvia turned towards her sister, who took a deep breath and went over to stand at the front. "The story I will tell you is all true, no matter how bizarre it may sound." Dawn began. "So I ask you to please bear with me."

The crowd became silent as Dawn began to retell the entire story. "As many of you have known, I was mostly raised by my father, the former king, when my mother, the former queen, passed away, and my sister, Salvia, left to become an ambassador for our province here in Sinnoh. I hold no remorse for the king's own passing, for he brought me up to be selfish and cruel, not receiving any love nor giving any love to anyone.

"Not long after the king's passing, I was actually visited by the Lake Trio of legend. They told me that they had been watching me for a while and they were displeased with my attitude towards my servants and the Pokémon. So as punishment, they cursed me to look like a hideous Zoroark-like beast and also cursed everyone else who lived here to become Pokémon themselves, all while erasing the existence of us from everyone who knew us.