Shared Trauma

Ok I'm sorry it's been so long and there's been 25k + reads since I last updated :0. You all saw how amazingly hot he was in It and I really don't blame you lol. Anyways here's a fic to throwback to his SNL days and the imagines I've neglected I will begin writing during the winter break!
Please enjoy this, I hope my writing hasn't become awful lol, it's been a while haha. :)

It was cold again in New York. The crisp wind nipped at your skin as you walked through the city. You really missed the heat inside, but you did it for him.

You had to run if you were to make it. Bill had called you a few minutes ago, terror in his voice. You never liked to hear when his anxiety got to him. Bill was so important to you and him struggling was hard to see. But you cared so much.
"I need you right now." He said, his voice quivering on the other line.
"I'll be there as soon as I can, just keep breathing." You said before running out your door.

There was the NBC building. You were lucky the security recognised you so you could run up to SNL's floor. You felt almost worried that he would mess up or even run out of the show. You know he would regret cutting his time short so being there for him was essential.

The corridors seemed cramped and maze-like when looking for the right room. You were dipping your head in and out of doors as you could hear Kenan Thompson warm up the audience.
Where was make-up again? You thought to yourself. Your hands began to shake as you felt yourself get anxious looking for Bill who was suffering from an anxiety attack himself.

Thank god for John. You catch him coming around the corridor.

"Where's Bill?" You say and John grabs and tells you that he's been hoping you show up.

"Tell him he's making me consider accounting with how dramatic he's acting." John said half joking, half serious.

You walk into the men's bathroom, worriedly.

"Bill?" You say out to the seemingly empty bathroom.

Bill's head pokes out  from the farthest stall, he's been sitting on the floor.

"[y/n]?" He says.

"So this is what the bathrooms look like." you say jokingly, looking around.

He tries to smile but really he can't focus on anything but your presence. You walk over to him and sit on the floor next to him. You take his hand.

"[y/n]... I... I don't think I can handle this anymore." He says sincerely, looking in your eyes.

"What can't you handle?"

"SNL."

You knew that was going to be the answer but you still felt somewhat taken aback from it.

"You are so wrong." You say confidently.

"W-what?" He says.

"Why else would Lorne have hired you, you buffoon? You're 4 years into this gig and I've never been so proud. You're anxiety isn't some sort of enemy. It's just another part of you you need to acknowledge."

"Yeah but-"

"Come on let's get up." You say. "If you mess up the first line what's the worst that could happen?"

"You will be in the crowd?" He says now towering over you.

"Of course." You say. "I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner."

He pulls you into a hug and kisses you before he jogs out of the bathroom to make up.

Wow these bathrooms seriously stink though oh my god. You say before walking out yourself.

——————————————

It had been a few weeks since Bill's anxiety attack before his Cold Open.

You had never felt so scared in your life.  You finally felt you could pursue your own dream, however how the hell were you going to get through this interview? Each minute leading up to it felt like an eternity of torturous mindfuckery.

God, where is he? You asked yourself, waiting for Bill to show up at the coffee shop to prep you. He was 15 minutes late. You had texted him a few dozen times, your worrying was getting the best of you.

The latte you order was turning in your stomach and it was difficult not to feel it. Your hands begin to shake and your forehead begin to sweat profusely.
Where's the bathroom? You look around. You quickly walk towards a doorway with a women's restroom sign.

You reach into your bag for some Xanax, something you were able to acquire because of your fear of flight. Your not sure if you should take it however, if you do you'll be calm, but who knows what you'll say in the interview. Oh god where is he?

You hear a loud knock on the bathroom door. You feel startled, but your breathing pattern had been lost to the panic and you can't say to who ever's there that the bathroom's occupied.

"[y/n]?! Bill says loudly so you can hear through the door. You reach for the lock and barely after you take your hand away to open the door, it's already been pushed wide open by Bill.

"Are you ok? I couldn't get to my phone. I'm so sorry I'm late." He says, overlapping his words. He's taken your face in his hands.

You grab him, relieved to see him and pull him into a hug.

"I-" you begin.

"It's ok, you're ok?"

You nod.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." You say. "I don't think I can do this."

"The interview or us?" Bill says worriedly.

"The interview." you say rolling your eyes, the sides of your mouth turning into a smile.

"I love you. I love your work ethic. Why the hell could you not do it?" He says, imitating how you spoke to him weeks before.

"Oh..." you catch on.

"You are soooo wrong." He says giggling.

You can't help but giggle too.

"Come on, I have to get you to this interview that I just know you're going to be rad in." He says, reaching his arm out for you to take a hold of.

"Thank you."

He kisses you and leads you out the bathroom.

"Talk about deja vu." He says.