quatre

Rocc wasn't exactly sure how he was going to get an entire churro back to Boeuf in twenty-four hours. The closest place he knew of was in Madrid, which, at the least, was a few days worth of flying. Research, he decided, would become his best friend.

He flew to the library next. He needed to find a way to be discreet about entering and about using the computer. The sliding doors were easy enough to surpass: he simply waited for a human to walk through, and followed him in a hurried waddle. Getting to the computer was the harder part.

With a quick scan, Rocc not only noticed that the computer lab was open and free for all to use, but also, that there was a more private room with a computer, locked behind a door. It seemed like an office, with piles of messily stacked papers and coffee mugs littered across the desk. That didn't matter, however, because it was empty. It was the easiest way for him to access to computer without getting caught.

The first problem with this plan was the fact that the computer and the rest of the library were separated by a heavy wooden door. He couldn't wait for someone to open it, because then he would have to deal with the fact that the room wasn't empty anymore.

That's when he noticed the book drop. For some reason, it led right into the office and was just big enough for squeezing his tiny one-footed pigeon body through. He just needed to get up there without drawing too much attention. It was just a few feet to his right and a few feet up, but he still waited for the lady sitting at the desk situated in front of the office to move, not wanting to think about what she would do to Rocc if she found him in there.

As she got up to hand a stack of books to one of the other people working at the library, Rocc quickly creeped to the book drop, flapping his wings to make it inside. He slid down the metal tray, successfully making it to the other side. He flew to the desk after that, and started pecking at the appropriate keyboard keys.

Churro places in Barcelona

Churroland, 1.68 miles from current location

Rocc almost squawked out in delight, before he realized where he was, and instead, settled for a head bob. He could now get the churro from CHURROLAND with twenty hours to spare.