twenty-seven

《CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

UPON ARRIVING back at the Avengers Facility, Carter was met with someone she was definitely not expecting to be there

Because of the pain rendering her unable to think straight, she didn't land in her room, which she had hoped for. Instead, she fell to the floor in one of the hallways, only a few feet away from someone else.

When she heard them say, "Carter?" she immediately knew who it was.

Vision was back.

Keeping her hand pressed to her back, she lifted her head up to look at him.

"Yep, that's my name," she spoke through gritted teeth.

He floated over to her, asking, "What happened?"

"N-nothing interesting."

He grabbed her free arm--the one which had also been victim of the knife, but was a lot less painful than her back--and she let out a weak shout of protest.

"Carter, you must be taken to Ton--"

"No! Tony can not find out that I left the facility in the middle of the night! And he--ow--definitely can't find out that I've been stabbed!"

"What the-- Carter!?"

Carter once again didn't need to lift her head to know who was speaking. It was the voice of the one and only Happy Hogan. He quickly made his way towards her, kneeling down once he got to her.

"H-hey, Happy."

"Don't 'hey, Happy' me, what the hell happened!?"

"I kinda- I kinda got stabbed a little bit." She was beginning to feel light-headed and black dots were swimming in her vision.

Happy said something, but she didn't hear it. The only thing she could force out was, "Please don't tell Tony," before she blacked out.

~\☆/~

When she woke up, she was lying in her bed. She was on her stomach, her injured arm spread out away from her.

She was still in her suit, though the sleeve on her injured arm was rolled up. It didn't seem like the sleeve could have reached past the wound on her arm, but it was Tony who had designed it after all. He had probably thought of everything during the designing process.