chapter thirteen.

chapter thirteen—❝ not anyone, you're the one,more than fun, you're the sanctuary ❞

chapter thirteen

❝ not anyone, you're the one,
more than fun, you're the sanctuary ❞

[ ∞ · ♡ ]

Once it was decided that they would be staying longer on this little getaway of theirs, they knew they would be needing more necessities. Clothing was going to be tougher to get a hold of, sneaking back into their homes being something they were pushing off until the last possible moment.

And, of course, the most dire importance was, “We’re running low on food.”

El merely glanced up from the Wonder Woman comic book she had been skimming through from where she sat cross legged on the sofa. A rather bored, passive expression upon her features as her eyes met Mike’s.

He remained with his arms crossed, standing near the refrigerator. "Food? What are we supposed to do when we run out?"

She shrugged, returning her gaze back to the comic book. "I haven't thought too far ahead."

Mike groaned before making his way over to the sofa, sinking into the cushion beside her with a heavy thud. "We're running low on food. We only had enough to last us the week."

"We'll be fine," El commented simply.

"What if we run out tomorrow? Then what?"

"Then we go get more."

"But, El." He moved closer, pressing his cheek against her shoulder as he peered up at her, completely catching her by surprise with the sudden movement. "We're growing teens. I'm a growing boy. Food is something we just need."

With that look in his eyes, paired with the slight pout of his lips, she just couldn't find it in her to resist.

She sighed to herself as she shut the comic book, letting her head fall down beside his as she frowned. "Why do we have to leave today?"

He grinned at her, already feeling as if he won his way. "We'll be back. But we need our nutrients."

She snorted lightly. "Yeah, chips aren't really nutrients, Mike."

"Well, they have something in them."

El laughed as she shook her head, and he smiled at her. He liked making her laugh.

At first, he hadn't seen much reason to stay out in the cabin longer than they had already been there. It had been a week, they enjoyed their time out here, and he felt like he knew her even better than before, if that was even possible. But when she suggested to stay out longer the way she did the night before, he couldn't reject the offer after some thought.