chapter twelve.

chapter twelve—❝ so attached to you,i cannot lie ❞

chapter twelve

❝ so attached to you,
i cannot lie ❞

[ ∞ · ♡ ]

Despite the prominent feelings that they were fully aware of now, it didn't seem to come in the way of how they acted around each other.

El was nervous, but less than Mike. Her nerves resided quietly and unseen when he was near. Mike was more scared, worried (always worried), but he didn't seem to show it.

There was a lot to bring about from all that. All the problems that could come of these feelings being put out in the open. It was safer, at least for now, that they continued on as if they didn't even know they were there at all.

But it was easier said than done.

Because El found herself throughout the day unable to be separated from him. Whether it was her leg strewn over his, her arm brushing against his shoulder, her hand fiddling with his locks of hair, she could not separate herself from him.

And Mike, he found himself unable to keep his eyes away from her. Whether or not she was speaking to him or even looking at him, his eyes never strayed. They trailed over the many details of her face, every slope of her body.

So, there were their instances in which they were being incredibly obvious yet the other still couldn't see them in plain sight.

As Mike was making his way back into the cabin, shutting the front door behind him, El's eyes snapped away from the television towards him.

He smiled at her and she smiled back before scooting aside, patting the empty space on the sofa beside her for him to sit.

Mike made his way over, kicking off his shoes before getting in under the thin blanket with her, scooting to where their legs brushed each other.

“It looks like it’s gonna storm tonight," Mike commented as he made himself comfortable.

El's eyes widened at the sound of that, gaze quickly flickering towards the sky outside through the window. “Storm?”

He nodded, a pitiful smile on his face. “Yeah, but don’t worry about it. We’ll be fine, okay?”

She nodded, managing a smile back towards him, though her nerves had set up on high alert.

Ever since she was young, storms had never been something that she could easily deal with. She wasn't sure what it was, but it frightened her. Even up until now, she couldn't handle being in storms. It always did become easier to her if she were with someone else; usually either her dad or Mike or Max.