TPAM: Chapter 23

Elijah

"Are you planning to stay here forever? Just tell me, para makapaghanda naman ako, your Highness!" Nico said mockingly.

Andito ako ngayon sa bahay niya. For three days now.

After that incident in the cafe, where Maddy told me she loves me, I've been staying with Nico, trying to gather my thoughts.

I know it's not the best reaction one should do, especially when you've been waiting for it for a long time. But I don't know. I was so furious seeing her with that guy, who I later found out is her bestfriend. That didn't help either, knowing she's been close with someone, let alone a male species, for the longest time. Just thinking of her having a special bond with someone other than me makes me so furious. And jealous as the f word.

Ever since that day, I've been cooped up here in Nico's mansion.

"Bakit kasi hindi ka sa bahay niyo magtago at magmukmok? Dito pa talaga? I can't even bring any girls here because you forbid me to. This is my house, you jackass!" He growled at me. I can hear his frustration, but I really don't care.

I still didn't answer.

I remained silent while lying on my back, using my arms as my pillow. I'm just staring at the ceiling, thinking of ways to redeem myself.

"Hoy gago! I've been talking non-stop here. Mind saying something, your royal pain in the ass?!" He snarled as he throw a pillow to my face. I was able to catch it and throw it back at him, hitting his face instead. "You're really a pain! Umuwi ka na parang awa mo na!"

"Nope, don't want to. I'm enjoying your company." I glanced at him and smirked.

Nico took a deep breath. "Seriously, Eli. Why are you hiding? You do know she's been looking for you? Maddy said you're avoiding her calls and texts."

"I know." I answered dismissively as I returned my gaze to the ceiling.

"You're not really gonna talk about it? I'm your best friend for crying out loud! I may not be as serious as Sam, most of the time. Pero alam mo naman na you can talk to me about anything, right? Especially if there's something bothering you. I'm here to listen, bruv."

Bruv is british for brother. That's his endearment for me and Sam, since we three are basically brothers growing up.

And yes, Nico is half-British. Just like I am.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?" He sounded confused.

"I don't know why I'm avoiding her." I began. I got up of the couch and turned to face him. "I should be happy knowing she loves me. But I'm not really sure what that means. Sinasagot ba niya ako? Or does that mean that she feels the same way but it doesn't make us a couple? Or did she say that just to distract me from ripping her bestfriend's head off!" Anger started to consume me again as I remember seeing them so close like that. Literally!

"Bruv, you wouldn't know the answer if you don't talk to her. Pinagugulo mo lang ang isip mo. In short, you're overthinking!" Nico blurted out. "Sa totoo lang, I want to punch you for doing what you did. I mean really? You walked out on her when she confessed her feelings for you?" Napailing ito na parang hindi makapaniwala habang sapo ng isang kamay ang mukha nito. "Minsan talaga, di ko maintindihan kung may sayad ka, o may sayad ka talaga."