Chapter 7

So... chapter seven... A few days late, and, as expected, I'm a little behind on NaNoWriMo. However, I'll probably catch up this evening and post another chapter late late late at night when I should be asleep.

I am no longer on stupid amounts of painkillers, I'm pretty sure the last of them wore off at the end of this chapter, so everything that comes next will be when I am in my right mind. YAAAY... No more excuses, I guess.

Anyway, thank you for reading this far and please let me know if you're enjoying it :D

Votes are appreciated but comments are GOLDEN!

Thanks again :P

---------------------------

Chapter Seven

                Tasie sat behind the chair for a good half hour after the intruders had left, working hard to keep her breathing calm and her body from shaking itself out of existence. When she finally stood up, the fire had died down enough to cause her to flinch away from the darkness of the room. The idea of leaving the dark common room for her even darker dorm was a terrifying thought, so she lunged for the poker and stabbed at the ashes, her wand still lying behind the chair.

                Once the common room was well-lit again, she darted upstairs and put on a clean white blouse and a grey skirt. Her sheets were still in the messy pile she had left them in an hour ago, and her trunk was lying open. Tasie ignored this, instead choosing to head back down to the common room. The sun was beginning to rise, so it would be less cozy, but at least she would still be alone.

                “I supposed I could look for whatever it was those people left,” she whispered, sitting down inches away from the fire and staring into it with wide eyes, “Although honestly I’d really rather not get involved in whatever it is they’re up to.” And while she stayed sitting on the thick red carpet until the first students began emerging from their dorms, her eyes were drawn to the set of desks lining the opposite wall; the vicinity in which the mysterious object was now lying, waiting to be found.

                “Morning Tasie,” A few seventh years said, climbing down the stairs with dark circles under their eyes. Tasie nodded in response, standing up. She didn’t want it to seem like she was leaving because they were there, but truthfully, she was. Breakfast was in the Great Hall from seven to half past eight, and lessons started at nine. She didn’t often eat breakfast that early, but this could be counted as a special occasion. Besides, her friends wouldn’t mind.

                It took Tasie exactly 592 steps to reach the great hall from the portrait of the Fat Lady, and another 23 to find a suitably deserted area of the long Gryffindor table to sit at. It was always difficult to decide what to eat at breakfast, and after picking up the serving spoons for five different dishes, Tasie always settled on a slice of toast and an orange. She was nearly halfway through said piece of toast when her eyes were drawn to a group of Slytherin students walking proudly down the space between the tables. Unable to pin down the reason why she felt drawn to them, she settled on the fact that they all had really nice hair. All shiny and stuff; it was nice.

                “They’re arrogant assholes, aren’t they?” Before Tasie even knew who was talking to her, she knew that the question was rhetorical.

                I really need to get my priorities in order: person first, what they said second. Maybe then I won’t jump so much. She thought to herself, flinching as the person sat down beside her.

                “You’re decent at Transfiguration, right? Circe said that you are.” Tasie brushed some hair out of her eyes to see who was speaking to her, “I put off doing that paper from Friday, and now my mind has blanked.”