Underneath Those Grey Wings: Chapter One-Fallen Part Two

Chapter One  

Fallen  Part Two

   I stared in disbelief at his naked body which shimmered with radiance around the darkness if the night. On his back lay two giant holes on his shoulder blades which poured out with blood, and as the droplets of blood fell to the earth they mad a slight hissing sound and disappeared. For a long while my mouth was wide open and I could not even hear the faintest of sounds until he turned around and looked at me.

   I quickly moved my hand to cover up his nakedness and gazed at his beautiful and flawless face. His elegant dark blonde hair fell to his shoulders perfectly without a strand out of place. His skin was a perfect ivory color that the moon kissed so sweetly with no imperfections, no scar to ruin the pure elegance.

   "Hello." He said in a peaceful voice interrupting my train of thought. "My name is Da-." I quickly interrupted him.

   "What the hell are you?" I asked him mortified.

   He looked at me with a puzzled look on his face as though he was conjuring up a way to explain what he was. He looked at the blood trickling down his back and he turned around quickly. Suddenly a flash of blinding light was beaming out of the holes and they where quickly healed up and he turned back around to face me.

   "This may seem strange to you Eva-." Once again I didn't let him finish.

   "How do you know my name?" I asked him in alarm. "And just what the hell are you?"

   "I am truly sorry ma'dame." He said very innocently with a seventeenth century accent. " If I could just finish, I am an angel of God."

   I bursted out with laughter and could not conatain myself as I fell on the ash covered earth, tears where overflowing my cheeks. "Ha, if your an angel then I'm Edward Cullen, Oh man have I finally lost it. This is just a horrible nightmare and I am going to wake up any moment."

Nothing happened.

   "Any moment I tell you, and by the way put on some clothes!" I laughed. "What a strange dream, this is just to rich!"  

   "I am confused?" He asked with a very puzzled face. "This is no dream I am who I say I am."

   "Right!" I smirked. "There is no way this is not a dream I mean you fell from the sky and created all this damage and you are trying to tell me your an angel with you and your speech I must have hit my head hard.  Well it is time for me to wake up now."

  I shut my eyes tightly and mumbled to myself to wake up and then I blacked out.

   I was slowly waking up as I felt the coolness of the rust that covered the bridge, my eyes opened slowly as a took in a deep breathe.

   "It was just a dream." I thought to myself. "But it was so strange."

   I got up and dusted the dirt and grim off of my dress as I rushed home.

   "I am so late!" I yelled worriedly.

I finally approached the run down house, if someone came to our town of Haven they would look at my home and think hobos dwelled there. I approached the creeky steps and heard a horrible shatter of a beer bottle. I could hear loud footsteps approaching the door as it slammed opened sounding like a gun shot.

   "And where the hell where you!"  my mother screamed in her drunken haze. "Get your ass to your room now!" I stared at her with a sneer of pure hate as I clenched my fists and turned to walk upstairs. Suddenly her hand slaps hard on the back of my head, all I could do was biite my tongue as I hurried to my room. I slamed the door, locked it and jumped on my bed with tears flowing out of my eyes.

   For a long while I layed there in pure silence listening to the grasshoppers chirp and trying to drown out the yelling coming from bellow. I finally got up and undressed and headed to the bathroom. As I was in the shower my head pounded hard as blood fell to the tub and mixed with water. I moved my head to where it hurt and felt around it. There was an open gash as I pulled my hand away to wash the blood away.

   Suddenly I heard foosteps coming from my bedroom so I grabbed a towel and walked into the darkened room. Nothing. There was no one there so I just ignored it and as soon as I dropped the towel to change.

   "Hello." A familiar voice called out.