t w e n t y - e i g h t

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 28:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 28:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"no no no no no no, jongin don't do that! eomma's gonna be mad if yo–" the sound of glass breaking was heard and the siblings stood still outside the door, staring at each other with wide eyes.

seonghwa quickly rings the doorbell and the door makes a short beeping sound before it opens and reveals a distressed looking jongho.

"oh my god, noona please help me! i don't know what to do. jongin won't stay still for a minute and he even broke eomma's favourite vase! i don't know what he wants but he's been whining since just now!" jongho exclaims as the siblings follow him into the house.

usually when jihyun comes over, the house would be very neat and tidy. the house was a typical, modern apartment in seoul and the interior was decorated beautifully by mr and mrs choi themselves.

but today, it was a sight jihyun had never seen before. jongin's toys were all around the living room floor, his colouring book was on the table with his colour pencils scattered all around, some on the table and some in other places of the living room. at the corner, a mess of flowers and broken ceramic that used to be mrs choi's favourite vase was on the floor.

jihyun blinks repeatedly, not believing the sight she is seeing. she snaps out of it when she sees jongin approaching the corner where the vase had shattered. "jongin, no!" she screams and runs towards the boy, trying to maneuver her way around the toys and scattered colour pencils.

she reaches the boy just in time and picks him up before he is able to step on any of the broken glass. the boy looks at her and his face brightens. "noona!" he wraps his little arms around her neck and she keeps her grip on him tight. she smiles at him and walks towards jongho and seonghwa.

"noona, i missed you so much! why don't you come over anymore?" the 5-year-old pouts, holding jihyun's hand after she lets him down. she kneels down and faces him, eye level, and pinches his cheeks. "noona missed you too, jongin. i've been busy lately, that's why i couldn't come. how are you? are you tired? do you want to sleep?" she asks him and as if on cue, the boy yawns and nods his head, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"you must've done a lot today, huh? come, noona will read you some stories and tuck you in, alright? let's go, jongin." she stands up and jongin grabs onto her pinkie as she walks to his room.

the little boy enters his room first and jihyun turns around to face jongho and seonghwa. "you guys clean up this mess while i tuck jongin in, okay?" she was about to enter when jongho asks, "you're making him go to sleep when it's only three in the afternoon?"

"he loves mid day naps, you should already know that, jongho. and he's been active all day he need his nap. we'll wake him up later when it's time for dinner." jihyun says and enters jongin's room, closing the door so the two won't ask more questions.

she looks at the boy who's already in his bed and chuckles when he looks at her eagerly. "bedtime story!" she laughs and sits at the side of his bed, leaning against the headboard. "it's not bedtime yet, jongin. you just need a nap because you played a lot today, isn't that right buddy? i'll wake you up again when it's time to eat. but for now, i'll tell you the story of peterpan, is that fine?" she looks down at him and he nods sleepily.

not even five minutes later and the boy is already sound asleep. jihyun chuckles to herself and gets up from his bed, slowly and quietly leaving his bedroom.

she enters the living room and it's how she knows it as, tidy and spotless. the only difference now is that the ceramic vase is now gone. "wow you guys really tidied up the place real quick. impressive." she nods her head in acknowledgment.

"we all know how much of a neat freak your brother is. he's 90% of the reason why we got it done quick. anyways, how did you do that?! jongin wouldn't listen to a word i say but he listens to you so well? i am confusion." jongho scratches his head, plopping down on the couch. jihyun goes over to sit next to him.

seonghwa who was sitting on the floor, noticed the strange way jihyun was walking. "why are you lifting up your right heel as you walk?" he goes over to her and examines her right foot.

"jiji! you hurt you foot!" he exclaims before asking jongho where the first aid kit is. jongho immediately gets up and runs to get the kit. "i did?" jihyun asks, not knowing that she did. she looks down at her right foot and notices a small cut and a bit of blood coming out of it. "ahh, it must've been from the glass when i ran over to jongin. no wonder it stung a bit."

"idiot, took you almost ten minutes to realise you got a cut." seonghwa says, keeping a hold on her foot. jongho rushes over with the first aid kit and seonghwa proceeds to pull out the piece of broken glass and clean the small cut before putting a plaster on it.

"be more careful next time, alright?" he ruffles her hair and sits down on her left side while jongho is on her right side. the doorbell rings and jongho immediately gets up to get it.

a few seconds later the house gets noisier as 6 boys enter with bags. "we got food for us all and the little guy too!"

they were talking and laughing loudly before jongho shuts them up telling them that jongin is taking a nap in his room.

they quieten down and san immediately runs to jihyun and hugs her while jongho whines about san taking his spot on the couch. "i missed you!"

"hey now, that's my girlfriend you're hugging." yeosang warns jokingly, though there seemed to be a little bit of jealousy laced in his tone.

"she was my best friend before she was your girlfriend." he jokes, playfully glaring at yeosang as he continues to hug the girl, the guys all laughing as yeosang tries to pry him off of her.