t w e n t y - o n e

a/n: lmaoooooo i had the shock of my life when i was literally just editing and suddenly i published this chap-

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 21:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 21:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"so you really told her that you've been distant because you were jealous of them?" wooyoung asks him, opening his can of soda. it was now lunch and they went to the cafeteria together, being the first ones to reach their usual table.

"yes but–" he was cut of by wooyoung asking another question yet again. "so you indirectly confessed to her?" wooyoung shrieks. "no! can you shut up and let me talk?" san runs his hand through his hair, wooyoung sheepishly nodded.

"i told her i felt like yeosang was replacing me as her best friend. which is pretty dumb because since when were we even best friends? i mean yes i do want to be her best friend but like i want to be more than just that, you know? ah, this is making my head hurt." the boy sighs, massaging his temple. wooyoung chuckles, gulping down his soda.

"relax, bro. i'm pretty sure she doesn't mind you calling her your best friend. i mean, we've all gotten much closer and i bet she regards us all as her best friends. don't worry 'bout it too much." wooyoung assures him.

"worry about what?" a smiling yeosang joins the table with jihyun, mingi and yunho. "n-nothing! j-just, we were talking about this month's music assignment. yes, that's what we were talking about, right wooyoung?" he nudges the said boy's shoulders. wooyoung chuckles and nods, playing along.

"alright mr. stutter-pants." mingi wheezes, yunho giving him a high five. san rolls his eyes before opening his own can of soda and drinking it. "oh yea, the music assignment. jihyun do you want to be my partner for that?" yeosang asks her, earning a cheerful "yes!" from the girl.

san clenched his fist underneath the table. he had planned on asking her to be his partner but yeosang beat him to it. not long after, jongho arrives to the table.

"hey guys, i know this is random but i couldn't pay attention in math just now so i was thinking of what we could do this summer break and i came up with the best idea. let's have a picnic! all nine of us!" he suggests.

"that sounds great! now i can't wait for summer break to start!" jihyun says, struggling to open her can of drink. yeosang immediately helps her with it and suddenly the table is noisy with the boys' teasing, and wooyoung takes a quick glance at san and chuckles when he sees him rolling his eyes.

-

"so this is the first time we have a partnered music assignment. i can't wait to work with you! you always get the best scores for every music assignment and i've always wondered how you did it." yeosang says, making himself comfortable on jihyun's bed.

"hey! i just made my bed before you arrived." jihyun pouts seeing her bed get messed up by the boy. he only stuck out his tongue at her and continues to lie down on her bed, purposely messing it up a bit.

"tsk, whatever. so apparently we're supposed to sing a song from a movie but we're supposed to play an instrument too. so the bgm is purely our instrument of choice playing. so... do you have a song in mind?" jihyun asks yeosang as she sits on her study table chair.

yeosang gets up from his lying down position and proceeded to sit cross-legged on jihyun's bed. "hmm, do we both sing or one of us sings while the other plays the instrument?" he questions. "i don't know, do you sing? because i do sing and i also play the guitar."

"omg i sing too! i wanna hear you sing, ji! sing something for me please!" he squealed, clapping his hands excitedly. "not yet, yeo. we gotta finish planning first." she told him and he pouts before slumping back down on the bed.

"but i don't know how to play any instruments. i might be useless for this assignment." yeosang tells her. "no, don't say that. i'll play the guitar and we can sing together, how's that sound?" she asks him. he smiled at her and nodded.

"alright, so....the song. this is just what i thought of a minute ago but what about rewrite the stars? there's both a male and female singer." yeosang suggests.

"oh my gosh, that's a great song idea! and the best part is, i already know all the chords for an acoustic version so we basically already got this in all in the bag." jihyun said, getting up from the chair to get her music notebook from across the room.

"BLESS ME I LOVE YOU PARK JIHYUN!" yeosang screams in delight, getting up to give her a bone-crushing hug. "ow okay okay." she taps on his arm repeatedly, begging him to let go since she couldn't breathe.

he finally let go and she had to pause for a while to breathe. she then walked over to her book shelf to retrieve her notebook, searching for a certain page.

"alright, i have it. okay so how 'bout we record it this saturday?" she suggests. "yea that's fine. i can't wait to hear you sing~" he giggles, going back to lying on her bed.

idiot. she laughed to herself, smiling as she watched yeosang playing a game on his phone. she couldn't stop thinking of when he said 'i love you' to her a moment ago. could it be that i'm actually falling for him?