dance, fourth years (pt. 3)

"I just wanted to tell you, I guess. I don't really know why I did that." Draco muttered. He had come out to Harry for the first time and was scared of the response he would get. "You don't really have to say anything."

     Harry stared at Draco in shock. How does one respond to something like that? "I, um, I guess I'm proud of you for trusting me? I know it's hard to do that." He wanted to tell Draco his feelings, but he wasn't the person Draco wanted. "If we're doing this hole honesty thing, I should tell you that I'm pansexual." Draco rose an eyebrow at the Gryffindor in confusion. "Pansexual is where I fall for a person, not their gender to put it simple." He muttered, knowing the question.

     "Oh, cool. So you kinda get where I'm coming from in all of this?" Draco smiled softly at his crush, hoping he would be able to ask Harry to the ball. Harry nodded, smiling back.

     "I do, yes." Harry smiled. A silence overtook the pair as they stood around the room. Neither knew where to begin.

     "Look, I-" They spoke in unison, stopping to chuckle. Harry motioned for Draco to go first.

     "Stupid question, I'm sure. But I've been wanting to do this for a while and I didn't know how to do it without knowing if you were even into men. Would you be my date for the Yule Ball?" Draco rambled. Harry barely understood the question being asked, but once it registered in his mind he grinned.

     "I was going to ask you the same thing." Harry's grin turned to laughter. "Of course I will." Draco beamed at Harry, pulling him in for a hug. Finally, Draco thought, I got my Christmas Wish.