Prince Charming With a Guitar

Written as an informal sequel to "The Less I Know the Better by appetiteformotley on rockfic.

The less he knows the better; that's what Izzy told himself about what went on between Axl and Duff.  Even so he knew way too much.  He saw the haphazard pattern of live bites on Axl's skin and it annoyed him.  He heard Duff's moans and Axl's whoreish cries when they made love at night, he swears they're loud on purpose.  Axl's told him all about how nice Duff's cock is, he knows that they trade off who tops and who bottoms. He wonders though, Dies Axl still wake up screaming from nightmares sometimes?  Does Duff know they're about his childhood?  Does he comfort Axl?  Was he careful during Axl's first time?  Making sure to be gentle and slow, ever conscious of what Axl had been through before in terms of unwanted sex?  If it had been him instead of Duff that took Axl's virginity he would have made sure everything was perfect.  But Axl hadn't wanted him; he'd wanted Duff.

But after they hire their new guitarist, Slash, izzy finds that he cares less and less every day what goes on between Axl and Duff.  It was Duff who brought the kid in actually, him and his blonde drummer friend Steven had taken the place of Rob and Tracey last minute, just a few days before they left on this ill fated "tour" in Seattle.  They'd only made it in time to play one show after a series of mishaps but they honestly couldn't be happier and they had bonded as a band and somewhere in the middle of it all Izzy had found himself living to see the curly haired guitarist smile.  "He's fucking beautiful," Izzy thought, all dark hair and dark eyes and a talent that blew them all away.

The first time they kissed was the night before they started the trip home; one of Duff's friends was going to drive them home and they were leaving early in the morning.  The others were all sleeping but Izzy was restless and was sitting in the porch swing smoking a cigarette when Slash walked outside with the same idea in mind.  "Can't sleep either?" Izzy asked, exhaling a cloud of smoke and moving over for Slash to sit down.

"No, we're traveling in the morning, I'm always keyed up the night before a trip, used to drive my mom crazy when I was a kid," he says, smiling.  He leans in for Izzy to light his cigarette and Izzy notices how long and thick his eyelashes are, pretty, lashes girls would be jealous of. 

"Is there anything about this kid that's not totally beautiful?" Izzy wonders.  He's found himself thinking about the beautiful boy more and more on this trip and it feels so good, makes him feel free to not be thinking of Axl for a change.  "You gonna stay in the band?" Izzy asks.

"I'd like to, I'm not sure Axl wants me to though, he keeps glaring at me every time you speak to me, what's up with that?  I thought he and Duff were together?" Slash replies.

"They are.  Axl and I haven't been more than friends since we were 14 but he thinks he owns me.  Don't worry about him and just so you know I don't belong to him in any way," Izzy tells Slash.

The kid smiles and Izzy feels his heart skip a beat.  "Do you want me to stay in the band when we get home?" Slash asks earnestly.

"I think you're amazing and anybody that didn't snatch you up and hold on tight to you would be a fool," Izzy replies, throwing his cigarette butt to the ground and moving to pull Slash into a gentle, but firm kiss, a claiming kiss, a kiss that says "Axl's dirty looks be damned I want you, I want you to call my own.

Slash gasps quietly and then melts into Izzy's arms.  The kiss is everything he's been daydreaming about since they left LA and he's absolutely lost in the moment.  When Izzy pulls away Slash clings to him "Please," he whispers "don't stop."  So Izzy doesn't stop, the kiss grows and soon Slash finds himself straddling Izzy's lap and whimpering into his mouth as Izzy's hands roam under his t-shirt, stroking over his lean chest and stomach, around to his back, and then back around to pinch and tease his nipples which causes Slash to jump and let out a low cry.