Highschool

Tony Stark sat in the backseat of Principal Nick Fury's, his now legal guardian, car. The thirteen year old was going to attend SHIELD college for gifted students as he had passed all his highschool courses a few months ago with flying colors.

His Aunt Peggy was in the passenger seat and turned to look at him as they rolled up the school's driveway and toward the teacher parking. Tony could see through the window and watched as the four story building came into view, other little houses for students surrounding it.

"Anthony," Aunt Peggy said softly. He looked back at her and realized he'd been clutching the straps of his bag a little bit tighter. "You will do amazingly, I know you will."

He looked down but her gentle hand guided his chin up to look at her.

"If you need us, Uncle Nick will be in the office and I will only be a phone call away. If you get too overwhelmed, don't try and deal with it on your own."

Tony nodded.

"You are so strong, my little Anthony."

The boy didn't say anything, but leaned into her hand as a few tears gathered in his eyes. His parents had passed away two months ago and it was hard. But if Aunt Peggy and Uncle Nick believed in him, then he could do anything. He could get through it.

The car pulled into the first parking spot and the engine fell silent. Uncle Nick looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"You'll do fine, kid. No worries."

They got out of the car and Tony found his voice.

"I'll try my best, Uncle Nick, Aunt Peggy."

The man put a firm hand on his shoulder and gave a reassuring squeeze. His hand lingered for a moment and then moved away so Aunt Peggy could embrace him.

He wrapped his own arms around her, taking in the sweet sent of her perfume and the way her grayish brown hair tickled his forehead.

"We love you, Tony."

The school was so big.

Tony got turned around three different time until he found the cafeteria. He had been brought to the school at lunch time because Aunt Peggy thought this might help him socialize with other peers, even if they were older than him.

He had a lunchbox but still went through the line to greet all the workers and introduce himself, turning his charm on. Tony got a free cookie at the end and had a good conversation about why everyone hated spinach.

Apparently, that was a running debate with the cafeteria workers. Half of them liked spinach and the other half didn't.

It was hilarious.

His next First Day of School Adventure, as he now dubbed it, was not a pleasant one. He ran into Justin Hammer and Aldrich Killian.

"Looks like a sheep just walked into a wolf's den," Justin Hammer remarked as Tony walked to the empty table beside them.

"Uhm, hi?" The brunette asked, slightly nervous. He knew who these guys were from his Uncle's stories.

"You're a new kid, right?"

Tony nodded.

"And you're last name is Stark?"

Another, much more hesitant, nod.

"So you're a sheep."

"No, I'm a human," Tony can't help but retort.

Justin Hammer rolled his eyes. "Kid, there are some things you need to learn."

Tony got the vibe that this guy was not one to mess with, but that just made him want to annoy him.

"I'm pretty sure my brain is bigger than yours by a long shot." Tony shot. Mask. Mask. Mask. Keep it up.

Aldrich growled at him and it took everything in Tony not to flinch away.

"You really are a naive sheep in a wolf's den, aren't you Stark?" Justin sneered.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Said a male voice behind Tony. Two people stepped in front of him. A teenage girl with curly red hair and a dirty blonde boy with messed up hair. They were both a few years older than him and, from what he could see, ready for a fight.

A hand landed on either one of his shoulders. Tony looked to his right and left to see two blonde teens, one with long hair and one with short cropped hair. The one with short hair was carrying a circle dinner plate.

A moust haired boy walked up behind Justin and Aldrich, making both boys tense, though Tony saw nothing scary or menacing about him. He was about Tony's age, wearing round glasses and a plaid shirt and jeans.

The teen with short blonde hair spoke, "What gives you the right to pick on others?"

The dirty blonde jumped in, "Sorry, Steve. They've heard that a million times. Let's try something different, see if it works. What do you have to say about that, Nat?"

The red head- Nat- looked at Justin with a cold glare. It wasn't directed at Tony, but it still made him shiver.

"Thor, what do you have to say?" The same boy said.

"YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD FAR TOO MANY TIMES TO STOP BULLYING." Thor - the blonde with long hair - bellowed.

"I, Clint Barton," so that's his name- "have one thing to say." He paused. "Stop. Bullying. Don't you see it's wrong?"

The two bully's eyes were darting all around. That's when it clicked with Tony who this group of people were.

The Avengers.

Once the bullies had gone Tony spoke up, "Thank you."

"No problem, bro." Clint threw an arm over his shoulders.

"Want to come eat lunch with us?" Steve asked.

Tony felt himself smile. "Sure."

It was the start of a beautiful friendship.