t w e n t y - f i v e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 25:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 25:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

the boys looks at san in confusion. "uhh who are you talking to?" jongho looks up from jihyun's phone. "t– the airdrop name.. you're jiji! that's why it seemed familiar when seonghwa hyung called you that!" san lightly hits his head, feeling stupid for not having realised it earlier.

"bro are you okay?" mingi asks, genuinely concerned as he places his hand against san's forehead, checking his temperature. "your temperature is normal though.. could it be inside the head then?" he says to himself before he attempts to hit san's head, failing as hongjoong pulls him back.

"before this idiot gets out of control, please explain to us what you meant by that." hongjoong says, struggling to keep a hold on the much larger boy.

san ignores the boys, looking straight at jihyun and jihyun only. "so was it really you this whole time?" he asks once again. jihyun takes a deep breath and exhales loudly before slumping her shoulders down. "yes." she admits shamefully, looking down at her feet and playing with her socks. "i'm sorry." she apologises, still not looking up.

"woah woah what's going on here?" wooyoung interrupts before san lightly pushes his head away, glaring at him and telling him to shut up. he then looks at jihyun once again.

"why are you apologising? i'm not mad." he chuckles, trying to lighten up the whole situation. the girl hesitantly and slowly looks up at him to meet his smiling face.

"i just– i don't know, i feel bad not telling you now that we've gotten close. i know we all promised not to keep secrets from each other but i thought you'd make fun of me if you found out it was me." she admits, pouting slightly.

"can you guys uhh– i don't know, provide us with some details of whatever this conversation is about. if you haven't yet noticed, we've all been staring at you guys in confusion since just now and we would love it if you guys explained to us what's going thank you very much." yunho speaks up on behalf of the group.

san groans in annoyance before rolling his eyes. "fine, ugh you guys are so annoying. so basically you guys know about the whole meme airdrop cafe thing right? the stranger that airdrops me memes every morning in the cafe. the anonymous sender's device name is 'jiji'. when i heard jihyun being called jiji, it rang a bell but i couldn't exactly remember what it was, just how familiar it sounded but just now, jongho when you airdropped us the pics, it showed exactly what i see everytime i get sent a meme by that stranger through airdrop and everything just came back to me because of how familiar it looks. and my dumbass only now figured out that it had been jihyun this whole time."

jihyun looks down in embarrassment, her cheeks tinted pink. she looks up at san and he throws her a smile. "ji, i told you i'm not mad. i just– i wanna know why you did it. it's not even something wrong. if anything, it was unique and hilarious too. the memes you sent me are gold and who would've thought to randomly send people memes through airdrop? and out of all the people you could've sent it to in the cafe, you chose me? and kept it going for weeks?" san asks, laughing as he gives her a side hug since they were sitting next to each other.

"i uh– well.. i don't know if i should tell you this.. it's kinda embarrassing.." she looks down. "come on! we're best friends, aren't we? we promised not to keep secrets!" he nudges her playfully.

the boys continued watching the truth unfold, jongho even munching on popcorn as they speak. don't even ask where he got the popcorn from.

"well uh, back then before this whole airdrop thing started, before we became friends, i uh– i kinda," she scratches her head awkwardly before continuing. "i kinda had like a tiny crush on you so i thought maybe airdropping you memes was the only way we could interact. i went to the cafe everyday and i knew you did too. when you accepted it the first time, i got so happy and so i kept it going.. even after we became close friends because i was afraid you'd figure it out somehow. it's even more awkward to confess about it now since i'm together with yeosang now.. but uhh– you can forget about it! that was all in the past. no more secrets now." she grins, wanting to change topics quickly.

"woah! you like san?" wooyoung exclaims, eyes wide. jihyun immediately shakes her head. "no no no no! i used to! i've moved on already, i'm even with yeosang now! so don't you worry about having to break another girl's heart or whatever." she laughes and flashes a smile at san.

"but what if i don't want you to move on.." he mumbles to himself. "what was that?" seonghwa asks. "uh no nothing nevermind. so now i figured out who the anonymous sender is, i guess i have nothing more to ponder about in my life." san declares dramatically.

seonghwa flicks his temple and the boy groans in pain. "you're still eighteen, you have more to ponder about, you idiot." san pouts at the older, rubbing his temple while the group laughs.

"woah! guys, look! the sky is really pretty!" yeosang exclaims, pointing up to the sky to reveal rich hues of pink blended with oranges, purples and crimsons. the group marvelled at the beauty of the sight.

yeosang took the chance to put his arm around jihyun as he snaps a picture of them both. "a perfect end to a perfect day. our first day together." he says, leaning in closer to her to rest his head on her shoulder.

san could only watch in silence, hoping that one day it'd be him that could do that to her instead.

a/n: welp we've got a long way to go people! just because jihyuns airdrop identity has been revealed, doesnt mean its coming to an end soon, i have a lot prepared for the rest of this book so if you decide to stay, buckle up cause its gon be a long ass ride peace out losers ily thanks for the support uwu