Demonic Presence

Hey, so im Katie, this kinda like came to me in a dream and i decided to write it down.      This is just the prologue tho. be sure to comeent and tell me what you liked and didnt.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Demonic presence

Prologue

We were young.

We were stupid.

We didn't know any better.

We were kids- still are.

When we opened that box and took the board out, we thought it was just a harmless game. Something that didn't actually work, someone had to be moving the planchette. Surely, one of our group members was forcing the pointer to spell out the words on the board. We thought it was just a game. It couldn't really hurt us, could it?

We were wrong.

I suppose it was our own faults. I mean, everyone told us not to use it. But still, we were kids. Just kids.

No matter how many times I tell myself that very sentence, my mind won't agree. A small nagging part of my brain tells me that we knew what we were doing. We could have stopped it. But we didn't.

We heard about the dark game by some people at our school who tried it and claimed it didn't work. We wanted to find out for ourselves. As our small group trudged out into dark shadows of the forest, the moon shone bright and full. I placed my big black plastic bag on the rotting old picnic table- the popular spot for resident druggies. We carefully tipped out the contents of the bag, making sure that none of the pieces fell through the huge cracks in the decomposing table. I dispersed candles throughout the table, making sure that it was bright enough for us to be able to see the board. We positioned ourselves around the table, preparing for what was about to come. One of our members pulled out their phone and gasped, realizing how late it actually was. She showed us the digital numbers on her screen, and we decided that it was time to start. We immediately started focusing our energy to the board and attempted to contact a spirit.

Little did we know, we missed a very important part of the game, saying the opening prayer. Without it, we had no protection. Anything could some or go as it pleased.

It took quite a while for us to get a connection, but once we did, panic and excitement arose.

At one point during the questioning, the planchette starting counting down the numbers on the board. Then it went through the alphabet backwards. At this point we all felt a weird presence around us. It was overpowering and frightening, but none of us mentioned it.

None of us knew what any of this meant. We all still thought it was a game.

On that night, our nightmares became a reality.

On that night, something chose to haunt us.

On that night, the nightmare began.

Tonight, it will end.

Let's just hope I don't end with it.

If you think you can stomach the story of my demonic presence, then feel free to read on. But before anyone reads anymore, I need you to remember something immensely important.

Never underestimate the power of a Ouija board.