Chapter 27: The Chase.

Start from the beginning

Appa rolled over and tehy fell out of the saddle. "Forget about setting up camp, I am just going to find the softest spot of dirt and go to sleep." Sokka said when he crawled to a spot close to the edge. "That's good, cuz Toph wasn't going to help anyway." Katara said. "Oh, I did not know Sugar Queen needed someone to tug her in." Toph replied annoyed. Mia sighed and she warmed up some tea. "Guys please... we are being chased and we don't even know by what." Aang said, very tired. "It could be Zuko..." Katara said. "WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?!" Mia yelled to Katara. "It is not him!" Toph frowned. "Who is Zuko?"

"Mia's ex-boyfriend." Sokka said, who just woke up again. "He is the son of Fire Lord Ozai, he was afriend of mine and he's chasing Aang bu tit is not him. He can't affaord a machine like that in his condition." Mia said. "Anyway, whoever is chasing us, just 'shhh'please." Sokka said and he laid down to sleep. Momo jumped on Sokka's belly and started to jump. "Momo," Sokka started, "no 'shhh'," he said when he put his finger on his lips. Momo kept jumping and pointed to the hill before them. Mia stood up and looked at it. "Oh no..." She mumbled. "How is this possible?!" Aang asked amazed, when they saw the metal thing climbing up the mountain.

"Because it's a Fire Nation device and..." Mia looked at the fallen fur next to Appa,"we can be tracked easily." A door in the metal thing went open and three huge lizards crawled out of it, with on their backs the three that Mia already had expected: Azula, Ty Lee and... Mai. "Hey Mia!" Ty Lee yelled friendly and she waved at Mia. "Hi..." Mia replied quietly, "Get in the saddle!" She yelled right after. Everyone jumped in the saddle, chased by fire and pins of Mai. Appa rose up and Azula was ready to shot lightening. Mia was ready to receive it, and so she did. Azula shot it at her and Mia turned the energy. Her whole boby got filled with it, a warm, excited and pleasent feeling. She pointed to the three and the lightening stuck right before their feet. Azula narrowed her eyes at Mia when they flew away.

"I can't believe these girls have been following us all the way from Omashu..." Katara said quietly.
"Believe, Azula could follow every step we've taken." Mia replied.
"I still think we could have taken them." Toph said disappointed.
"ooooooh noo!" Sokka yelled, "the sun is rising!" while he pointed to the East.
"We haven't slept for more than two hours!" Sokka complained.
"I haven't slept at all, do you see me complain? Everytime we land those girls are there! We have to be alert." Mia said.
"Or just keep flying." Katara said like it was no big deal.
"We can't keep flying for ever." Aang replied.

~

When the sun was at his highest point, the four strated to talk again. "So what's the plan?" Aang asked.
"I don't know... to tired to think." Toph replied.
"I am sure we will come up with something after a short nap." Katara replied sleepy. Suddenly, Mia had the feeling that she rose out of the saddle. When she saw that it also happenend to her 'heavy little cat' and the rest of the group, she started to panic. "What is going on?!" Toph yelled. "APPA FELL ASLEEP!" Mia replied.

With a rush they fell down and just before they were pinned on some trees, Appa woke up. Sadly, Appa just went through the forest, so branches and leafs cut their faces, but came to stop in front of a river. Mia and Aoi fell out of the saddle and quickly Mia rubber her painful face. "Appa is exhausted." Aang said. Mia nodded in agreememnt. "We have put a lot of distance between we and them and I guess we should all follow Appa's lead and get to sleep." Sokka said with a yawn. "We could have gotten some sleep earlier if Toph and Mia didn't had such issues." Katara said angrily.

"WHAT?!" Mia and Toph yelled at the same time.
"Alright, alright," Aang said quickly, "everyone's exhausted. Just get some rest."
"No!" Toph yelled, "I wanna hear what Katara has to say!" Katara threw her sleeping bag on the ground and yelled: "If you would have helped setting up our camp and Mia encouraging you to do not, we would have been done earlier and got some more sleep!"
"You are blaming me for this?" Mia asked calm. "The only one who could get to be blamed is Appa!" Toph said.
"What you are blaming Appa?" Aang asked disappointed. Mia nodded. "This is how they keep finding us." Mia said and she grabbed Appa's fur and opened her hand. Bunches of hairs got blown away with the wind.

"How dare you two blame Appa! He has saved your lifes three times today." Aang said.
"I just carry my own weight Aang." Toph replied. "No! Appa's carrying you and your weight, he didn't had a problem with just carrrying the four of us, you are the problem!" Aang yelled. Toph moaned. "I am outta here!" She said and she grabbed up her bag.
"Toph, wait! Mia yelled, but Toph ignored. When Toph was out of sight, Mia turned around to Aang. "How can you be so stupid?! You just yelled at your Earthbending Master and now she is gone, only for you do not want to face the fact Appa's shedding and taht leaves a track?" Mia yelled. Aang stuttered. "Never mind." Mia said quickly and raised her hand. "I need some rest, come Aoi. Let's find some food." She said while she grabbed her bag and with Aoi, she walked into the forest, hoping to find Toph.

~

After three hours, Mia reached the end of the forest. There was a huge plain in front of her, and smoke rose in the far. It was thick and black. "I really want to know what it is... but i can't walk taht whole way..." Mia said sadly. Before she could turn around, Aoi laid down. Mia smiled and sat down on his back. The huge cat, well earlier tiger, started to run fast towards the smoke. In the distance Mia saw a small town, but all broken and deserted.

~

"Traitors and enemies, working together...." Azula said when she was isolated by Zuko, Iroh, Katara, Sokka, Aang and Katara.
"I guess I have nothing else to do than just... surrender." Azula said and she held her hands aboe her head. They all waited and suddenly Azula shot lightening at Iroh and hit him full in the chest. Zuko yelled and team Avatar (without Mia), took action and fired they bending at her. A huge bang was heard and more smoke filled the air, when it was gone, Azula was as well.

"Zuko... Please I can help." Katara said when she looked at Iroh, all in pain on the ground.
"Leave!" Zuko yelled and she shot firre behind him to the group. The four ran away to Appa, and when they flew away, Mia walked around the corner. She approached Zuko, who was a bit in tears.
She kneeled next to him and without looking at him she asked: "Do you want me to leave as well?"

So sorry for not uploading, I've had to think a lot obout this chapter and I had pre-exam week and other things I needed to do. But now i will upload weekly again! :)