Chapter 4: Yip Yip?

Mia, Sokka and Katara were walking back to the village to gather their stuff. Mia really wanted to save Aang, but the last thing she wants is to see Zuko again. She knew she had no choice, and looked to the knife that laid next to her plate.

Mia had long, brown hair, that almost reached her bum. It was pinned up, but when she removed the decorated pin, her hair fell heavy over her face. She grabbed the knife and she cut the first section off and looked at it. She sighed and continued, until the hair was one inch above her shoulders.

Zuko always played with her hair, and rushed his fingers through it. Not anymore. She packed her bag and her most dearly teapot as well, cuz, you never know. She also brought her herbs, coat and blacket. When she stepped out of the tent Sokka shocked of her appearance.

"W-w-what have you done?!" He yelled. "I know, I look fabulous." She replied sassy and walked to Katara, who shocked as well. The three of them were discussing the plan, until they heard a voice. "What are you three up to?" When they turned around, grandmother stood in front of them.

"Eh, nothing!" They all replied at the same time.
"Of course not...." Grandma replied with a smile, "but I thought you might need this." She gave Sokka a map with all the nations on it. "Thank you." He replied. She smiled and hugged her grandchildren. "You were ment to find the Avatar, so your journey has to continue with him." She said.

"Yuna..." She said when she hugged her. "You have to discover yourself, and I am sure you'll succeed," then she whispered: ",make good choices, and don't underrestemate yourself. Keep the Firebending hidden and don't tell anyone."

Mia froze and her eyes widened, but when she let go, grandmother smiled at her. They said goodbye and headed on to Appa. Eventually on Appa, the bison did no fly, but flow over the water. Even after Sokka's encouraging words.

"Come. Fly. Go. Sore." He mumbled.
"Please Appa, fly. We need you, Aang need you." Katara said while she stroked him. "Elevate. Rise." Sokka mumbled. "Sokka doesn't believe you can fly, but we do. Come on Appa, please." Mia said.
"Exactly! Don't you wanna save Aang?" Katara asked.

"What did Aang used to say?" Sokka asked," Ya Ya, Yee Yee, Yip Yip?" At that last Appa moaned and started to slam his giant tail on the water and he raised up. They were flying!!
"You did it Sokka, you did it!" Katara yelled happily.

"KATARA! YUNA! HE'S FLYING! HE'S FLYING! WOOOHOOO!" Sokka yelled and he turned around. "HE'S-" Sokka stopped and looked at the two, who were smirking like: biatch I told you, with one eyebrow raised. "I mean... It's pretty impressed." He said cool.

After a few minutes, they saw the Fire Nation ship, and Aang and Zuko fighting on deck. "Look!" Mia yelled and pointed to them. Zuko kept sending fire balls and Aang lost his balance, and fell over the railing. "AANG!!" Mia and Katara yelled. Katara kept yelling his name and Mia was filled with anger. The hope was lost, until Aang shot out of the water followed with a huge hurricane of water attached. He landed on the ship in front of Zuko and made a circle around him. He swept everyone against the raling and some of them even off the railing, into the water.

Amazed the three looked at Aang. "Did you see what he just did?!" Katara asked amazed. "That was some amazing Water Bending!" Sokka replied. Aang fell on deck, knock out. Appa landed on deck and they ran up to Aang and held him.

Aang opened his eyes and looked around him. "Hey Yuna, hey Katara, hey Sokka... Good to see you." He said sleepy. "I could not give you all the glory." Sokka said pranking. Aang smiled and looked around. "My staff..." He mumbled, looking at the stick that laid a few yards away.

"I will get it." Mia said and she stood up, and ran to the staff, that was a few inches away from the gap between the railing. When she grabbed it, she got the biggest shock of her life. At the other end, someone reached to it and pulled himself up. It was Zuko.

Zuko looked in her eyes and she looked in his. "M-Mia?" He whispered. Within a second she pushed the stick and it knocked Zuko's head. He let go and fell down, but could reach to a chain that hanged halfway the ship. She ran back to the rest and the guards woke up.

Katara lifted up some water and wanted to froze the men, but she let go to early and froze Sokka's feet to the ground. "Katara!!" He yelled annoyed. She tried again, and gave a strong swipe with her eyes closed. When she opened them, she saw the hand of one guard, that wasn't even an inch away from her face.

"Come on!" Aang yelled when he jumped on Appa. Sokka had just released himself and Mia followed him up to Appa's back.

"YIP YIIIIIIIIP!" Sokka yelled hysterical, and the bison got up. Mia saw Iroh coming out of the cabin, rubbing his eyes. He ran up to Zuko who was climbing up the deck, and helped him up. She heard Zuko yelling something and Iroh and Zuko shot a huge wave of fire towards Appa.

Mia did not know what to do and shot a huge wave of fire to the other wave and slammed it against the ice. The ice started to break and fell down on the ship. Shocked but proud she turned around and faced three scared children. "What did you do?" Katara asked. "Nothing." Mia replied. "That was Fire Bending!" Sokka said angily. Mia nodded slowly and sat down. "Yes..." She whispered. "You liar!" Sokka yelled, "betrayer!"
"Stop!" Aang said and grabbed Sokka's coat. "She just saved us." Aang said.

"She's a Firebender!" Sokka yelled. "But she can also bend water?" Katara asked confused. "I got taught both... I have the skills to learn it." Mia said calm. "Your name isn't Yuna, isn't it?" Sokka asked. "No," Mia said quietly, "It's Mia and I am not from the Northern Watertribe."
Sokka sniffed and Katara looked to her feet. "My mother is from the Fire nation, and her father from the Northern Watertribe and my father is from the Earth nation." Mia said.

"That's impressive..." Aang said, "and you can also bend Earth?" He asked. "Yes, but not as good as my firebending." Mia replied with a smile.
"I hope you can forgive me." Mia whispered. "Of course we can!" Katara said and she hugged her friend.
"And Zuko? You know him!" Sokka said with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I will explain that later." Mia said and she turned to Aang. "Aang... How did you do that? That with the water, it was amazing!"
Katara nodded heavily in agreement. "I-I don't know... it just happened." He replied.
"Why didn't you tell you were the Avatar?" Katara asked, "a war is brewing!"
"Because i don't want to be." Aang replied quietly.

"We must go to the Northern Watertribe..." Mia said when she studied Sokka's map, "you two can learn it together!"
"But the Earthnation is closest by..." Aang said. "According to the legend you must first learn water, then earth and then fire."
Aang nodded. "Can't you teach us?" Katara asked. "No." Mia said strict. "Why not?" Aang asked. "I cannot control it enough yet." Mia replied.

"So we have no choice, huh?" Aang asked. "No, we don't..." Mia replied and she looked to the clouds.
The rest of the day she could only think about Zuko, and how he must have felt when he knew it was her.