Chapter Thrity

Dezi's POV:

One month later

I stood in front of the mirror, trying to decide if I looked just right. I was wearing a blue hugging dress that was formal but nice looking and kitten heels. My long, dark hair was cut a little bit shorter so that it fell just below my breasts and my dark eyes were coated with mascara.

I felt his hands on my hips before I saw him in the mirror.

"You look perfect," he whispered in my ear. I turned around slowly, wrapping my arms around Harry's neck and kissed him on the lips softly.

"But will it be enough?"

Harry laughed. "Dezi, this case isn't based on how good you look."

"I know. I just..I can't help it. What if they say that he's not guilty?"

"How could that happen?"

"I'm just afraid."

He hugged me, bringing my head to his hard chest. "Don't be."

"Yo! Lovers! We gotta get out of here and get to the court room!" Niall was standing in the doorway with Louis.

"We're coming!" I screamed.

I looked at Harry shly and grabbed his hand, pulling the ruluctant boy out of the room. We got into the car with the rest of the them and sat in an incredibly awkward silence all the way to  court. When we got there, Liam held open the door for everybody and we all sat down in the front row. Well, all of us but Mackenzie. She was the victim.

When he walked into the room, you could feel the air changing. He was dressed nicely, in a dark suit, but he was glaring at all of us. Behind him walked his son. We had decided, after a lot of thought, not to press charges against him.

Maybe it was those perfect blue eyes and dark hair, or maybe it was his story, but there was something about the boy with the horrible father that made you melt. We just couldn't put him in a jail cell for the rest of his life, it was just wrong.

"Quiet!" The judge suddenly yelled. He was a fat man, but with hard eyes.

The room silenced. I was sitting in between Harry and Scarlet, who was shaking slightly. "Hunter Plame, you can plead your case first. Who will be vouching for you?"

Then he said two words that nobody suspected. "My son."

Miranda gasped.

Lucas nodded and stood up. He looked pretty cute, in a dark suit and a navy blue tie. He locked eyes with the judge and said, "Yes."

"Alright. Go on then."

Lucas stood and began to pace the room, rubbing his hands together. "My father and client, Hunter Plame, is being accused of rape. But may I ask you this? Mackenzie Oak claims that she was raped by Mr. Plame four years ago. Why wouldn't she tell anyone?"

The question hung in the air. Kenzie leaped up, "Because it was embarrasing!"

"Miss Oak, how is getting raped embarrasing?"

"It-It-"

"Miss Oak, you will have your chance to speak. Please be quiet," The judge said.

Kenzie sat down limply.

"Why wouldn't Mackenzie had said something four years ago? As she says, in fear of embarrasment? What teenage girl thinks of being raped as embarassing? The only reason I could think a girl would hide something like that is if the offender threatened to kill her or loved ones, but Mackenzie never spoke of a threat did she?"

I looked over at Kenzie to see her glaring at him in anger.

"And then they accuse Mr. Plame of attempting to rape Deziree Smith and Mackznie Oak in a mall?" He knew my full name?! "Where's that proof? Maybe me and my father were just trapped in there too."

The judge paused. "Maybe? Were you? And may I remind you of the oath that you took, Mr. Plame."

Lucas said, "No comment."

"Do you have anything else to speak out?"

"No."

The Judge nodded as if this satisfied him and turned to Kenzie, who was staring at Lucas with an open mouth. "Miss Oak? Who will be vouching for you?"

Kenzie took a second to respond. "Uhm...my um..my..."

She didn't know?!

"My best friend. Dezeriee Smith.

What the actual fuck?

"What?" I hissed.

"P-Please?"

Oh. My. God. Harry shot me a surprised but encouraging smile as I stood and walked to the front of the room. "Hello," I said.

"Uhm, hi?" The Court and Judge responded.

"Yes. Well, uhm. Okay." I needed to get my thoughts together! I needed to look for cracks in Lucas's armor. Answer his questions with real responces. And keep the truth real.

"Let me tell you the true story. My best, innocent, friend, Mackenzie Oak was raped four years ago by Hunter Plame. She didn't tell anyone because at the time she was only thirteen and didn't only not realize how serious the situation was but also was afraid that her friends would make fun of her. Lucas doesn't get what it's like to be a girl. We worry about everything." I took a deep breathe and continued, "Then, about a month ago, we were trapped in mall, One Direction happening to be there. The first few days everything was fine, but then Hunter showed himself, beating Louis and nearly killing Mackenzie with a knife when they were lost on the dark side of the mall. We found them of course, and Mackenzie obviously didn't die but still. Then, Hunter attacked myself and my boyfriend, Harry Edward Styles. Harry tried to defend us, but let's get real. Look at Hunter! He's a big, scary man! So I gave myself up to Hunter. Long story short, my friends got me back but not before I was seconds away from being sexualy abuse by Hunter." One last thought appeared, "And Lucas's responce to your question, Judge? No comment. Do you really think that tells you everything?"

"Are you done?"

I thought about it. "Yes."

"Okay." The Judge turned around and began to talk to the Court. I looked over at Lucas who was actually smiling. Was he...happy that his dad was most likely going to lose?

And Harry, who was looking at me in awe.

And Niall, who looked hungry.

And Zayn, who was fixing his hair.

And Scarlet, who was huddled agiaist Niall.

And Kenzie, who was whispering to Louis.

And Louis, who was leaning in and brushing Kenzie's hair out of her face.

And Shayna, who was staring into space.

And Miranda, who was looking at Lucas.

And Liam, who was looking at Miranda.

All my friends. All the people that I loved.

"We have come to a dission!"

All heads turned to the Judge.

"Hunter Plame is held...GUILTY." 

____________________________________________________________________________

one more chapter left!! so sad :'( I'll write it tonight..

so as a farewell gift, please VOTE, COMMENT & FAN??!!

thank you <3

-Tahira