My Love Is Hopeless

"Ah~ That's better," Gabe came out of the bathroom, clean and refreshed as he wiped the sweat from his skin with a towel. "Man, good thing Mateo never saw me or it would've been REALLY embarrassing..."

He went through the halls, trying to get to his quarters. As he did, he admired the new paintings on the walls; the painting of Elena's coronation as crowned princess, the painting of Elena's first trade visit, a painting of the Sunflower Festival, a painting of the Elena's peace treaty between the humans and the sirenas, a painting of...

Gabe stopped at his tracks and sighed at the painting. He had his hand on it's surface, gently caressing it until it landed on Mateo's face. He gently caressed it with a sigh as he remembered the day the painting was taken...

It was when Mateo became the royal wizard. He was younger than any royal wizard who had been praised before but his magic was just as strong. Gabe had mocked and insulted him and his skills, boasting that he would be a greater and better wizard than he could ever be but at the end of the day, Mateo pushed those insults away and saved him from the evil malvago Fiero. It helped Gabe give him some respect as the royal wizard AND as a friend.

...but that didn't stop Gabe from earning guilt on what he said earlier that day. He knew he had insulted Mateo about being weak when he knew deep down that the wizard was strong for his age.

'Maybe I'm the one who's weak?' he started to pull himself down. 'I can't even tell him how I feel! If I was a real Captain of the Royal Guard, I should be brave enough to face a little confession...'

But that was the problem. It wasn't going to be a little confession. It was going to be big, with an explanation, most likely.

'Oh, who am I kidding?' he shook his head with a sigh. 'Mateo likes Elena! Not me... never me...'

Soon, the sound of piano filled the air as he slowly and reluctantly tried to leave the painting be.

"~I remember the day
We first met at the bay~
~We were both on a mission
To save a princess~

"~I guess I didn't know
How much I'll be attracted to you since then~
~Didn't know that you would be Someone I had to impress~"

He walked out of the halls and into one of the balconies, gazing out into the city below.

"~Is this how it feels to be
In love with you?~
~It hurts and it burns me from
The inside and out~

"~Should I stay and face it
Or should I turn and hide?~
~Should I think of a way to show
That I have no doubt~

"~That I love you more
Than anything that is priceless~
~But no matter how hard I try
My love is hopeless~"

Meanwhile, Mateo was in his bedroom and in his house, helping Naomi pick an outfit for a her disguise. As the blonde tried to pick an outfit that could hide her feminine features but let her stretch out naturally, the wizard was looking out of the window, pondering.

"~I wish I could remember
How I felt that day~
~We met so shortly that I
Wish we had the chance to speak~

"~We've gone through so much
And we've gone through so far~
~Don't know how long I'll keep my little secret
But I do know that I'm too weak~"

Soon, he had blocked Naomi out and was deep in his thoughts about one person only; Gabe.

"~Is this how it feels to be
In love with you?~
~You don't know how much
I wanna be by your side~

"~Want your arms around me
And for you to hug me tight
~While I'd take you in my arms,
Which are opened wide~

"~You are more precious than
A gem that is priceless~
~But I know deep down that
My love is hopeless~"

The duo were in so much pain and sorrow, both wishing for something they thought was impossible, not knowing that they were both causing each other's suffering.

"~I can see you~"

"~I can feel you~"

"~Are you looking for me too?~"

Gabe rested his arms by the balcony railings, gripping to it tight with his arms with a sigh.

"~Do you know how
Much you hurt me?~
~How much I want you to say
That you love me too!~"

Mateo, on the other hand, was now leaning his head against the window, his eyes flashing in sadness.

"~Is this how it feels to be
In love with you?~
~Even through the burns and pain,
I wish I can express my love for you~"

Both aching hearts, longing for each other no matter the consequence.

"~But although I promise everything
In the world that is precious~
~ I know that the love I have
For you is hopeless~

"~My love is true
Daring and priceless~
~But no matter how hard I hope
My love is hopeless~"

The wind blew against Gabe's hair, causing a chill to run down his spine as he continued to ponder with another heavy sigh.

"~My love is hopeless...~"