She had actually lied to her brother. While carrying it didn't pose much, walking downwards with the bulky basket served harder than calming Rokuta down. Trudging through the thick snow, Nezuko thought about her family as a source of motivation to keep her moving.

Ever since the death of their father, Tanjiro had burdened himself as the eldest to work hard for the family. He had a lot on his plate; From cutting wood to descending the mountain everyday just to earn money for food and other necessities. She knew with how much of a hardworker he was, Tanjiro would definitely continue on even if his body fell apart. Therefore, this would be the perfect opportunity to let her brother take a good rest and have some time to spare for the little ones at home.

After what had seemed like forever, Nezuko came across the distant view of the town. Feeling tired, she gave herself a slap on both her cheeks to shake the fatigue off her. "Alright, you can do it, Nezuko! Just a few more steps till you make it." Adjusting the shoulder straps slightly, she started to make her way to the bustling lives below. Finally reaching her destination, she was greeted by the various townfolk in the area. "My, my. Is that you, Nezuko? Where's your brother?" A middle-aged lady asked, pausing her work and rushing over. "You came down the mountain on a day like today? You're so hardworking, you're gonna catch a cold!"

Nezuko brushed it off, putting on a strong front. "It's nothing! I just thought I'll take over my brother once in a while. Do you want some coal?"

Upon hearing her offer, a passerby asked for some, followed by another who was staying at his house. Quickly, her presence became known and many tried to buy the goods on her back. Some folk even came up to her to leave messages for Tanjiro. Apparently, he had always helped the townspeople with menial tasks such as fixing doors or pushing heavy carts. Feeling a sense of family pride, Nezuko couldn't help but let out a smile at her brother's generousity. This increasing pride was a huge moral booster, and she had a new found strength that seemed to lessen the weight behind her.

Just as she was about to take another step, a forceful slam stopped her in her tracks. Out the door came a beat-up man and a large woman. The man ran towards Nezuko, asking in a hurried voice, "You and Tanjiro are related right? Do you have a keen smell too? Whatever, just sniff this out and help me! She says I broke the dish, so prove my innocence!" The man pointed to the woman behind him, who was leaning on one hip. He proceeded to open his cloth and exposing a shattered plate, nose bleeding from possibly being hit by his boss.

Seeing the man's desperation, Nezuko followed along and took a small sniff at the broken ceremic. She didn't have as keen of a nose as her brother, but she did have some form of ability to distinguish certain fragrances. A tangy smell of fur began to fill up her nostrils, mixed with a little bit of fish and trash. It took a while, but Nezuko managed to discern that it was a stray cat. As the man's face lit up, he quickly shot back at the woman before offering his help to carry the charcoal in Nezuko's stead. "That would be helpful, thank you!"

With her body now lighter, Nezuko could move around easier and faster. Since the coal was with another person, Nezuko could offer her help to other townsfolk in need. By nightfall, the last bit of coal had been bought and Nezuko bid the man farewell. With only the weight of the thin bamboo behind her, she made her way up the mountain.

"Geez, I wonder how brother manages to do this daily..." She was sore all over. The town was full of many elderly who had trouble reaching the low ground and the high ceilings. The excessive bending and carrying had exhausted Nezuko, who had never done this much handiwork before. However, she didn't let it drain her of her energy. If she could let Tanjiro enjoy himself with the family for a day, that's how she could repay him for all the hardwork he had sacrificed for his family.