||C h a p t e r T w o||

"The storm is pretty strong. I think my place is still far away from here." Taylor muttered under her breath. However, Joe heard it and chuckled softly.

"Mine's up there," he nodded his head towards the house right at the end of the street. "You can stay there for a while until the storm isn't that strong anymore. Or as long as you want," He kindly offered.

"Oh, that's too nice of you," Taylor shyly said, blushing at this man's kindness. First, he offered her a ride in his car and with that he was doing a huge favor for her already. And then he offered for her to stay at his place, she thought it would be too much already. But Joe didn't seem mind it. Being with a famous popstar in his car was such an honor to him for some reason and offering her to stay at his house would do him a huge favor also.

After some few turns right here and there, they pulled up in front of the well-furnished house, surrounded with dark oak fences and has a gate made of pure steel. The outside of the house still looks beautiful with flowers and other plants in the mini garden, but was unfortunately covered with snow. Taylor still loved the sight and she wonders if it's all Joe's job.

Joe got out of the car first to open the car door for Taylor in the other side.

"Thank you." She said quietly. Joe offered a hand for her to grab to help her get up and she happily accepted it. Joe closed the car door and they quickly walked the cemented pathway through the house hand in hand, although not feeling the full warmth of it with the thick gloves they are wearing in their hands.

They reached the front porch and Joe opens the door with his key and they got inside. Taylor took in the sight of Joe's house awfully designed with antiques in every corners of it. It made the house look more pleasant. There are pictures in frames in almost every wall in the room and on a coffee table she spotted in the room in the other side of the house where she assumed is the living room. The house is wonderfully schemed with white walls, a few red-dyed couches and wooden chairs scattered in every room. She found it quite impressive.

"You have a nice house." Taylor complimented. Joe shyly smiled.

"Yeah, I guess so. I designed it, though," he said nervously, biting his lower lip that is slightly trembling while scratching the back of his neck.

"You designed this amazing house? All by yourself?" Taylor asked, wide-eyed.

"Uhm, yeah. I.. used to do architecting a while back and.. yeah," Joe timidly answered.

"You do acting and architecting?!" Taylor exclaimed in disbelief. "I didn't know it's even possible,"

"Well, yeah, it is. I managed to balance architecting with my acting career before but I decided to focus on acting right now. My passion with drawing and designing hasn't left, yet, though."

"That's amazing, really. I'm pretty sure I could never do that if I was in your state." Taylor said, chuckling softly by the end of her sentence.

She brushed off some of the snow that covers her coat in the upper part of her shoulder. She looked further the house until she spotted a picture on the wall just across from her near the stairs. She wanted to go there and check it out until Joe cleared his throat.

"You want to take off your coat first?" He pleasantly asked, smiling at Taylor.

"Oh, yeah. Right," she said, as she took off her coat as well as her gloves. After taking the garments in Taylor's hands, Joe hung it up in a hanger before following behind Taylor, who was approaching the picture she found interest with. Taylor slowly walked towards the wall with the frame and when she got closer, she saw a young blonde boy holding a toy shotgun in his arms, wearing a pair of soldier uniform. She smiled at the sight of an eight year old Joe Alwyn before reaching her hand up to trace the certain picture. Joe just smiled at her from behind.