fourteen

jupiter aria reid

"spencer, if you check your emails one more time. i swear to you i'm throwing your phone out the window of this hotel and into the river. there are so many more things to focus on right now. like the fact that we're on our honeymoon. or that we're officially married. maybe that i'm pregnant with your son-"

"we don't know that it's a boy yet."

"i know it. and he's a boy. mother's intuition."

"but they-"

"shut up, spencer. i don't care what case they have right now. i mean, i do, but it's not more important than being here with my husband on our honeymoon. wouldn't you agree?" i say, crossing my arms over my chest as i raise my eyebrow.

"but there's this arsonist and-"

"spencer reid, you are going to put the phone in your pocket. we are going to enjoy our last day in rome. we won't think about serial killers or arsonists or rapists until we are back in building at quanitco. and you are going to spend time with your wife. understood?"

spencer's eyes go slightly wide as he slides the phone in his pocket and a small smile graces his lips.

"say that again."

"the whole thing? because i can't even remember half of it and i just said it."

"no, call yourself my wife again."

i smile and uncross my arms, walking over to spencer and seating myself on his lap. my arms wrap loosely around his neck and one of his arms wraps around my waist as the other places itself on top of my small baby bump.

"you, my genius husband, are going to forget about our job for just one more day and you are going to take me, your wife, out to a nice lunch, then we'll catch our flight, get home, and sleep the rest of the night in our bed. and by the way, you're not allowed to think about work on the plane or even after we get home. we won't speak of work until we're standing in the elevator on the way to the bullpen. got it?"

"yes ma'am." he smiles, and i lean down, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

he pulls away rubbing his thumb softly over the bump.

"speaking of work, i know you said not to think about it. but i just wanted to know if you've talked to hotch yet."

i sigh, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"no. do you think he's going to be mad at me?"

spencer scoffs jokingly.

"hotch? mad at you? jup, you could spill hot soup all over him and he'd say it was his fault for pushing you too hard and then give you the week off."

"first of all, he would never. second of all, i've barely been in the field for two years and i already want out." i pout.

"first, you don't necessarily want out. you just want to work from inside quantico. like garcia does. and to be fair, i'd feel much better knowing you were safe inside headquarters instead of out on the field where somebody could stab you in the diaphragm at any given moment. secondly, you're only actually out on the field for some cases anyways." he shrugs.

"well way to end on a light note." i chuckle, lifting my head up and combing my fingers through his messy hair.

then i feel a jolt in my stomach, making me gasp slightly.

"what is it? are you okay?" he asks frantically, his eyes scanning me over.

"yeah. yeah i'm okay spen. it was just the baby moving." i gush, making him retract his hand.