Brienne nearly jump from her mount as she reigned the horse to a stop in the courtyard, handing the leather leads to a stableboy.  She was eager to begin her duties.  The cold air invigorated her and smelled of snow as she breathed it in deeply.  It was good to have something new to fill her thoughts. She very much wanted to greet Queen Sansa, and begin preparations for her journey.

Apparently, someone had informed the queen of her arrival. As Brienne turned to survey the activity in the castle's inner workings Sansa emerged from the doors that led to Winterfell's Great Hall.  The Queen strode carefully and deliberately over to her. Sansa wore a thick fur cloak, open in the front, and Brienne noticed that the reports of the Queen's pregnancy were indeed true, and Sansa was displaying it proudly.  The Queen's Sworn Shield and husband, the seemingly resurrected Sandor Clegane, followed protectively behind his Lady ready to catch her at the first sign of slipping on the ice that covered the courtyard. 

"Ser Brienne!" Queen Sansa called even before reaching her former Shield, her eyes gleaming with delight at seeing her.

Brienne quickly covered the distance between them with her long stride, and kneeled dutifully in front of The Queen in the North. "Your Grace." She acknowledged, returning the Queen's excited smile.

"Oh please, do stand." Sansa requested, gesturing for Brienne to rise. "I trust your journey was uneventful." She smiled.

"Yes. Your Grace." Brienne nodded happily. "I cannot complain."

"Then let us go inside, and warm you up." Sansa offered. "We have much to discuss. She seemed hurried to get Brienne out of the courtyard.  Brienne assumed that the chilled weather was making the queen uncomfortable in her condition.

"Absolutely. By all means." Brienne concurred.

"Very well." Sansa grinned. This time taking Clegane's outstretched arm as she turned.  They walked back to the Great Hall with Brienne falling in step behind them.

The Hall was warm and inviting.  The recollection of the festivities there following the battle flashed in Brienne's mind as she entered. It was yet another memory that she stuffed down into her gut before it had a chance to fully firm. She could not allow herself to think of all it meant. Instead she decided to redirect her energies to focus on the work to be done.

"King Bran said you are in need of my assistance here in the North."  Brienne questioned as Sansa removed her cloak and returned to her throne by the fire. Brienne stood at attention before her while Sandor Clegane took his place by the Queen's side.

Sansa took a deep breath before beginning to explain. She wore a pensive look as she began. "That is true. I fear the North is not as unified as we believed.  There are those who do not support Stark rule." Sandor coughed disdainfully from behind her. Sansa cast a lovingly calming glance over her shoulder at him, and clarified her words. "They do not support my rule."

"But they all chose you, and crowned you Queen in the North, Your Grace. I do not understand." Brienne looked alarmed.

"Not all of them." Sansa lamented. "Especially now that I have openly married, and shall soon bring forth an heir who will wear my husband's name." She unconsciously rested her hand over her growing waistline, her gesture including the worry her words did not.

Sandor bristled beside her. Taking a step closer, he seemed to be trying to form an actual shield around her.  He turned to her. "Any that try to come near you, Little Bird, will have me to deal with!" He vowed, grasping her chair. His other hand tightening on the hilt of his sword. He was ready to fight to the death to protect his wife and unborn child.

Sansa reached up, and placed a gentle hand a top his, gazing at him affectionately. "I know, My Love." Sansa smiled warmly. "Perhaps, with Brienne's help, it will not come to that."