Family Meetings and Doubts

Börja om från början

You twisted around until your back was to the assailant, never opening your eyes once. Cracker wasn't giving up easy though. He wrapped an arm around you and kissed your jaw.

"Aren't you going to say welcome home?" He cooed.

You turned your head, staring at him through bleary eyes.

"There's my sleepyhead."

You yawned, giving up on sleep now that he'd woke you up. Cracker knew you'd want your phone, already having it in his hand. You faced him once again, curling into him as you accepted the phone

<How'd it go?>

He shrugged. "It went."

You frowned. He usually wasn't this vague and there was something about the way he stared at you that felt off.

<Did she want anything?>

"Nah, I guess she just needed to spend some time with one of us. Maybe got tired of the younger kiddos."

She didn't go places with her kids without wanting something, whether it was business talk or asking them to do something for her personally. You learned that rather fast when you and Cracker started dating. But you could be wrong. Maybe this time was different.

"Looks like you held down the fort pretty well." He joked, the old familiar smile gracing his face.

<Oh yeah, you never know when Eleanor is going to come by and take it over.>

"I swear I have never had such a nosey neighbor before. She's got some weird thing for you (Y/n)."

<Maybe she wants to relive her younger days through me.>

"Ew I hope not." Cracker's face wrinkled up.

Your phone buzzed as you received a text from Nami.

🍊<Dinner with a couple of the girls, you in? You haven't met them yet but I think you'll like them.>

"Did you really make your friend an orange emoji for their contact?" Cracker giggled.

<She's a red head and her mom owns an orange tree orchard. It was meant to be.>

"If you say so, wait, don't tell me I'm some cracker emoji."

You showed him that he indeed was and he burst into laughter.

"Of course you'd do that." His laughter subsided to chuckles as he waited for you to text Nami back. You stared at her message, thinking about turning her down.

"Don't you want to go? I haven't seen you ever go to a girls night."

<That's because I don't have a lot of female friends.>

"All the more reason to go."

<What about our plans to do nothing together today?>

"We can always do it another time. Who knows when they'll all be going out again."

<It does sound fun.>

"Go on then, I think I can fend for myself tonight." He nuzzled into you.

You texted Nami back. <Sounds good! When and where?>

Cracker let you get up without the usual teasing fuss. He really was acting a bit off. You shrugged it off and got dressed in more appropriate clothes, jeans and a (f/c) tank top with a light cover up.

Nami had texted back saying to meet up at her place whenever you got to it. She liked spending time with you and was always happy to have you hang out earlier than planned events.