E X H A U S T I O N // Kirishima x Reader

(Y/n) knew the class would catch on eventually

Every day she spoke a little less, dragged her feet a little more, and looked increasingly tired, compared to the day before. She'd lasted a few weeks before anyone noticed, or at least before she thought anyone noticed. However, the side glances and worried smiles her classmates gave her indicated she wasn't convincing them for much longer.

She fought to get through every day, hoping that tomorrow would be better. Convinced that one night's rest would set her back on track. She just had to keep fighting.

(Y/n) rested her chin on her palm, eyes fluttering as she tried to appear awake. She'd catch herself swaying to one side, quickly sitting back up and re-training her eyes on the board. Aizawas voice seemed to drawl out, becoming unidentifiable mumbles in her head. She nearly jumped when something touched her elbow. She took a second, before yanking her elbow away and turning toward the culprit.
Perhaps she'd have to work on keeping her reaction times up.
Her gaze finally met that of Ejiros. His eyebrows were furrowed and he was pouting. He opened his mouth to say something, but Aizawa spoke up.

"Alright, let's get today's training started. You'll be doing 1 on 1 battles, the usual. Go get changed and head to the gym. And quickly, please. We've already wasted enough time as it is." Their teacher watched as the students hurried to get up, chairs scraping against the floor. They quickly filed out the door, chatting with one another. Aizawa's gaze lingered on his (h/c) haired student, watching as she shuffled out. He knew what exhaustion looked like.

(Y/n) was cautions as she entered the gym, weary of her classmates. She stuck to the outer edge of the crowd, far away from Kirishima. Aizawa glanced up at them from his clipboard, effectively silencing them. "I've paired you into groups who you'll be doing your mock battles with. It's up to you how you want to enact these battles." He turned his gaze back toward the clipboard. "Group 1, Ashido and Iida-"
(Y/n) zoned out, unable to keep her focus on her teachers dulled tone. She watched as her classmates paired up, quickly heading off to claim a part of the gym. She nearly jumped when she heard her name called. "Group 5, (Y/n) and Kirishima."
She felt her stomach knot itself. She glanced toward Kirishima, who was smiling brightly as he jogged over to her.
He was the one person she was desperately trying to avoid. If one person was going to figure out something was wrong, it was her boyfriend. 

"Ah (Y/n)! How lucky are we! I thought we'd never be paired together!" He was still smiling, arms placed on his waist. "Ye-yeah. Well- uh- how about we grab a spot and get started?" She glanced around, gaze falling on an unoccupied corner of the gym. "How about over there?" She gestured with her thumb. "Sounds good to me!" Kirishima gently took her hand in his, leading her over to the corner. "So, Aizawa said we could battle how we like. How about just a regular battle, quirks and all? First to disable or render their opponent defenceless wins!" (Y/n) offered. Hopefully, he'd accept, and they'd do their battle with no problems. If she could get through this then there would be no way he could suspect anything.

She waited for his response. He seemed hesitant, eyes sweeping her over a few times. "Are you sure? I don't want to go overboard or anything." He narrowed his gaze, eyes locking with hers.
She nodded quickly. "It's fine! That's what we're here for right?" Kirishima seemed to relax a little. "Then let's go!"
The two prepared themselves, glossing over the rules and quickly stretching. (Y/n) stood firmly, ready to face down against Eijiro. She'd be fine.
"3.2.1... GO!" Eijiro instantly began rushing at her, arms hardened in preparation for a strike. (Y/n) activated her quirk, and then the whole world began to spin.

Her breathing hitched and she felt her heart slam into her chest. She registered the blaze of red still running toward her, so she leapt to the side, rolling across the ground before springing back to her feet.

"Okay. Round two, let's actually use our quirk this time."
She grasped her hands together, squeezing them tightly as she activated her quirk again. The pressure on her hands seemed to keep her stable, allowing her to concentrate. She tried to take a single step forward, only for the world to go black as her eyes fluttered closed. She let out a strangled sound before her body collapsed forward.

Kirishima called out, quickly diving to catch her, scuffing his knees as he slid across the dirt. He got there in time, catching her in his arms and gently cradling her.
His heart was beating faster than it had in battle, and he felt tears begin well up. He felt as if all his insides had constricted, leaving him breathless and pained. He hollered for Aizawa, the other battles around him falling silent as his classmates traded worried glances. The teacher hurried over, and quickly scanned the girl's body, with what seemed an unconcerned gaze, but he motioned toward the door. "Take her to recovery girl. And stay with her. I know you won't be able to concentrate anyway."
Kirishima carefully got to his feet, cradling the girl in his arms. He bowed his head toward Aizawa, muttering a "Yessir." before heading toward the door. His classmates watched him go, whispering their concerns before being silenced by their teacher.

(Y/n) awoke to a throbbing headache, tired eyes and a pounding heart. It felt as if something was lying on top of her, a settled weight keeping her down. So she obliged, drifting between conscious and unconscious. She could feel a pleasant warmth on her hand, but her jumbled mind couldn't put together why or what.

<><><><><>

It was hours later (Y/n) finally had the energy to remain conscious.
Classes were well over. The sky had darkened, the stars beginning to take their place.
She could still feel the warmth that seemed to seep from her hand. She let out a deep sigh, content with the peacefulness that seemed to wash over her. She felt safe. There was someone else in the room with her, she could feel it. However, their presence only radiated love and warmth, and it seemed to drown her.
She let herself drift back off. This was the nicest sleep she'd had in a long while.

"I love you, (Y/n)."