0.1

The sea. It comes and goes, it meets new people, kisses new horizons, and changes with each caress of the wind. It's everything Saemin wants to be and everything she can't be. The shore is as far as she's ever been, but she's most familiar with the walls of the tavern that are currently surrounding her.

And while most of the flushed faces around her are familiar, there's one that sticks out.

Of all the people that visit the shoddy tavern Saemin works at, none of them look as refined as him. They're all in tattered, dirty clothing that reeks of sea salt and adventure. Meaning they're all pirates and all exactly what Saemin's attracted to. But him? Oh... He is a sight for sore eyes. Amongst the sad excuses of men is a prince. His soft and refined features are exactly that of royalty, but his eyes hold the depths of the ocean. They draw her in and push her away all at once, almost making her sway on her feet as she approaches him.

"Beer for you, sir?" she greets him with the empty cup in hand, knowing full well that this is not how she's supposed to approach a customer. Not that she cares — what are they gonna do, fire her? No one would willingly* apply to work at this zoo. The protocol can kiss her ass, for all she wants to do is kiss the man in front of her.

Those dark eyes don't even look at her. As a matter of fact, he barely spares her a glance. Seonghwa isn't here to look at tavern wenches, he's here with a purpose and he doesn't intend to stay long enough for any fun games. Besides, she'd only be a distraction.

"Water is fine."

Saemin waits for more, but nothing else comes... Clearly, he's no fun.

With a tight-lipped smile and a soft huff, she goes back to her place behind the bar and gets the boring water for the boring man. Yet this time, she's stopped on her way back.

"Darlin', why don't you do a spin for me?"

Gag.

"Another time, perhaps," she says to the drunk pirate, used to his little quips by now. He's been here a few times this week, so it's nothing new to her. The look on the prince's face, though? That's something new.

"Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" he asks in disgust once his water is brought to him. In return, Saemin only raises a neat eyebrow. Seonghwa scoffs. Of course, the bird-brained bimbo wouldn't know. It looks like she can't even be used for information. "Forget I said anything and just get me something to eat."

"Would you prefer my left fist or right?" she snaps, not giving herself a chance to hold back the words. Not only is his attitude a bother, but it's well past the time for serving food. There's no one to cook here now that their chef has left, and she sure isn't going to make anything except a few hundred dollars tonight. He can kiss her ass too.

Seonghwa, though, clearly isn't having it either. It hasn't been a good day for him. From the rough ride here to the lack of a trail on his family's murderer, this little tavern is his last hope and he's just about to blow it all down. He's been good at keeping his temper in check, but tonight he might just slip up.