Chapter Forty Four

Kai's POV

Graduation had come and gone and to say the least I was more than happy. I graduated with my friends and brother and I couldn't be more delighted. It was time I started a new life by putting my old one behind. I couldn't have survived this recent year without my friends and family by my side. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be here. Instead I would be in the hands of Mr. So or worse. But it was about time he got what he deserved. Without him in the picture I feel more at ease for once in my life I'm not feeling like I am being watched. For once in my life my life was normal and I hoped it would continue that way.

"Hey, Kai come on we're meeting the guys for the celebration". I heard Chanyeol holler at me. I set down my journal leaving the page open. "Be there in a minute". I grabbed my phone before jogging out of our room. When I came down the steps I seen Chanyeol waiting at the bottom of the steps. "Let me guess you were writing?" Chanyeol said with a smirk. I nodded giving him my brightest smile. "You bet I was. What else would I be doing". I said as we climbed into our car.

"Don't you ever get tired of writing?" Chanyeol asked backing out of the driveway. Writing was my passion so I never got bored. "Writing is something I enjoy and there is always something that inspires me to write and by doing that it improves my writing". Chanyeol nodded before putting a CD in the player. A smile came to my lips as it was one of Chanyeol's new songs. "One day your music Chanyeol will be playing all over the world". I said as I bobbed my head to the beat. "Thanks I hope so one day it will".

We met the others at our usual spot that we had called our own. A bonfire lit up the space as everyone was sprawled around on old couches. "Hey, there you guys are. We were wondering if something came up". Suho said as he seen us walk in. "Sorry someone was stuck writing in his notebook to notice the time". Chanyeol joked giving me a playful shove.

"I can't help it that inspiration struck. You as a song writer would understand". I said shoving him back. Before I knew it everyone was in the huddle wrestling one another. It was just like old times when we were all messing around. "I'm going to miss all this. I know we're all going to the same school, but it seems like our old lives just go away and a new life begins". Lay spoke as we all calmed down.

"Hey, as long as we got each other nothing is going to change. We're one remember? Ever since we were kids we always had each other's backs. The nine of us will always be there when one of us falls. This year has been tough, but our bond is better and stronger. Here's to a new life of new beginnings". Xiumin spoke as he rose a toast. We clinked our glasses together taking a sip of our drinks.

This was how I wanted my life to be. My friends and brother were my home and this is where my home is.

That concludes the end of chapter forty four of Black Heart. What was your favorite part? Tell me in the comments your thoughts. I love reading them. I want to thank everyone who has read this book and supported it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart l it amazes me at how many reads this book has. Thank you everyone for reading this. You guys rock.

Sadly there is only one more chapter of this book before it's over. But the sequel will be out soon. I post on here letting you know when the sequel is out. Definitely look forward to that. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Don't forget to stay awesome and until next time ✌️