You like people who don't want to talk to you?

Start from the beginning

She showed her pass to the security and they let her through, a small smile playing on his lips as he took in her appearance. This made her a feel a little uneasy as she felt as though the rain had ruined her entire look for the day but for some reason this made the guy smile at her. Maybe he found it funny that her hair was little messed up now because of the rain that was now bouncing off the ground outside the building.

Alyssa clocked the elevator and walked over to it, pressing the button. The door opened almost instantly, making her jump a little so she got in and pressed the button for her floor. Seconds later the door begun to close and that's when she heard a voice, "Wait, hold the door." The guy dressed in all black, sporting long curly brown hair asked, running towards the elevator. She didn't have the time to react before the door completely closed. She felt bad but it wasn't her fault either.

The ride to her floor was quick and relatively painless, small spaces made her feel uneasy at times but the second the door opened she walked out into the hallway and towards the sign post that said Dirty Hit. The door was heavy but she pushed it open and took in the office surroundings, it was small but it looked homely, something she never felt at her other jobs. They were more corporate than this place making her feel like she was just another number. That's when her boss Jamie appeared at a door near the back of the office, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Alyssa!" His excitement was clear from the way he said her name. She smiled politely at him and walked over to him.

"Hi Jamie." She said with a smile, he opened the door for her to come in and sit down which she did. He took a seat across from her and let out a small sigh.

"I'm glad you're here, are you ready to start this mental journey?" He looked so happy in the moment to have her, clasping his hands on the desk and grinning. She felt an instant ease from sitting in front of him, like he was a friend instead of a boss. This was something she had never felt before.

"I'm excited but ready for it. I needed this change of pace and whatever you've got for me, I can handle it." She crossed her leg over the other, feeling more comfortable as the seconds pressed on.

"I see, well we haven't fully discussed the roles that I want you to take over but Matthew will be here soon, I hope and we can begin discussing plans. I have a lot in store for you." Jamie sat back in his chair, tapping one of his hands off the desk.

"Okay, I'm ready for it." She smiled at him. The door suddenly burst open and it caused Alyssa to turn her head to look at the person whom disrupted the peace. Her eyes widened a little when she realised it was the curly headed boy from downstairs that she failed to keep the elevator open for. He looked at her and you could see the same cogs turn in his head as he realised the same thing.

"Sorry I'm late man, couldn't quite catch the elevator this morning." He said sarcastically, a playful smirk beginning to tug on the corners of his lips. This made Alyssa blush ever so slightly, turning her face away to hide the fact.

"Don't worry Matty, I was just getting our newest edition to the team acquainted and introduced." Jamie nodded towards Alyssa. Matty's eyes followed his nod and lay on the girl in front of him, taking in her appearance. "This is Alyssa, she's gonna be working with you guys for promoting the new album." Jamie told Matty.

"I see." Matty said taking a seat next to her, she gazed at him with a soft look in her eyes. She wasn't sure why but she felt like she had seen him before but then again, he was obviously a musician of sorts so maybe that's why.

"I'm going to get a few documents together then we can start a basic plan of action, the albums coming out Feb 2016 so we have a few months to really prepare." Jamie stood from his seat and made his way out of the room, leaving the awkward silence to build. Alyssa looked around, taking in the clutter of articles and pictures on the walls.