𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Lee, I'm afraid we can't pay you for this as you didn't complete the hours." the manager stated.

"Oh, that's fine. It was unprofessional of me in the first place. I'm sorry again." Taeyong went on.

Not that he wanted to disregard the money, but that wasn't his main concern at the moment.

As soon as he hung up, he saw another incoming call from a number he didn't recognize. Before answering, he bit the cuticle of his thumb trying to suppress his anxiety.

"Yes?" he cautiously said.

"Hello, I'm calling from J Enterprise. This is the secretary to the CEO speaking. Is this Mr. Lee Tai?" Taeil said.

"Yes....what is it?" Taeyongs face began to pale, he felt the blood dispersing.

"We would like you to come in as soon as you're able to. The CEO has something he would like to discuss."

"Discuss? With me?"

Oh shit... did I get found out?

"Yes sir, you'll know when you arrive. Please do come." The secretary uttered before hanging up the line.

Taeyong stood up and began to pace around his living room. He couldn't keep still, anxiety lacing through his core and a sense of worry. He paused his movements collecting himself and mentally mapping his plan of actions.

After a split second, he reasoned it out and set off towards the company.

When he arrived he went straight through the revolving door to approach the front desk.

"Good afternoon, welcome to J Enterprise. How may I assist?" The front desk clerk said with a cheerful smile.

"Hello, I'm here to see the CEO." Taeyong said with a smile trying to match the same level of enthusiasm.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, but they're expecting me, Lee Tai?"

"Okay, please give me a moment," she said, as she dialed a number on the telephone. She then gave visible nods and affirmations before hanging up.

"You may go up Mr. Lee, the elevator is to the right and it's the fifth floor" she uttered after signaling the directions with her hands.

Taeyong bowed slightly before he retreated to the elevator and waited for it to descend. He then rode it to the fifth floor. After he got off, he walked slowly as he glanced around looking for the right place.

Just then he saw someone step out of a room to the right. The persons face lit up as they spotted him and they walked towards his direction. Taeyongs eyebrows furrowed at the expression the other male gave him.

"Thanks for coming, Mr. Lee, I'm Secretary Moon who spoke to you on the phone." Taeil extended his arm to Taeyong.

Without hesitation, Taeyong took his hand and shook it firmly. His expression changed, but he still couldn't rid himself of the caution in his mind.

"Ah, okay. You said your CEO wants to see me? Do you know why?"

"I think it's best if he tells you himself. Follow me." Taeil told him and led him to a door at the far right of the hallway. He knocked before entering.

Taeyong stepped into the large office behind the secretary. He saw many papers on the glass desk and a gold placard with the words - CEO, Jung Jaehyun in block lettering. The place was very minimalistic with austere furniture and accents.