Chapter 3:Finally decided

It is funny how some people so in love tend to drift apart so easily. People stay in love with each other, share things, spend time and plan their lives and suddenly then comes a point in their lives when they drift apart and forget each other. Is love really worth this?

I  woke up around 7 and found myself on the bed.

Wasn't I sleeping on the couch? I was watching a movie when I slept.

I looked beside me and saw Manik sleeping shirtless on his stomach. He looked so cute when he's asleep. I put my hand on his hair and ruffled it a bit.

I love how he sleeps carefree, distant from the world. And now...me

Keeping my thoughts aside I got up to freshen up for the day for it was a busy day today.

I walked out of the washroom and went to the kitchen to prepare myself my filter coffee.

I came and sat on the swing in the balcony where I and Manik used to sit a few months ago. It was bliss. Me and him. Together. Spending time and living a peaceful life until we started fighting which further lead into arguments and things between us turned sour.

I saw people having their morning walk, children boarding their school buses, their mothers running behind them with their water bottles, old people doing yoga and other busy lives happening in the society park. It was a beautiful morning and I hoped that the day goes beautiful too.

After spending my 'me time', I took the coffee mug and went inside the room. I looked around to find Manik but he wasn't there. I heard the shower running inside the bathroom indicating that he's up and is having a shower.

                                 *******

I was preparing today's breakfast. I thought to make pancakes with chicken sausages and baked beans as they are Manik's favourite.

I was done preparing when Manik came down and took an apple from the fruit basket kept on the dining table and went towards the main door.

"Manik?  Where are you going?" I asked him frowning.

He turned towards me before answering, "Huh? I am going to the studio. Why?"

Why is he going too early? Dosen't he wants to have breakfast? But I made his favourite breakfast.

"Manik, it's just 8:30. And you usually go by 10. Don't you want to have breakfast? It's ready." I told him while taking out the plates.

"No Nandini. You have it. I am not hungry. I'll have something from outside." He said in a hurry and turned to open the door.

What the hell. I made him breakfast and he is ignoring me like I don't even exist. Why? And what does he think of himself? Just because I am his girlfriend, it doesn't mean that he'll ignore me at any cost. He is behaving different and I am being ignored. Wow!

"Manik. Stop. We need to talk. It's high time now. You are done with ignoring me. " I shouted in anger.

He again turned towards him and he seemed irritated. He should be. I don't care. I need answers now. This is enough.

"Manik, why are you going to the studio this early? Because you have something important or do you want to pretend that it is important or you just want to ignore me?"

"Nand--"

"What? I know that you are just ignoring me. What do you think of yourself? Huh? Tumhe kya lagta hai that I am a fool who doesn't understand anything."

I was literally shouting at him. He looked irritated, angry and restless. But he wasn't looking at me. His gaze was on the floor as if something very interesting was kept there. Why?