The Entrance

Everythings changing! Our structure, our account theme, our projects... but first we are starting with a giveaway and two contests! Now, a story of how that came to be... and yes, this was an actual conversation.

~~

Once upon a time, in a place far, far away, there was a group of fantasy and science fiction authors that came together (not to sacrifice a chicken, thank you very much - with the exception of Hollie).

The gods were pleased.

They held contests, ran book clubs, wrote anthologies, gave interviews and, above all, promoted their love of Fantasy and Science Fiction. They even started up this miraculous thing called a Discord!

...Until the day that a storm came and ripped everything apart.

Like the worst storms, this was a slow-building one. It started with a lack of care and snowballed into a lack of activity that then became a very, very dead account. And though there were revival talks, these were all small, isolated, and didn't amount to anything.

Far away, a chicken was sad.

And then the day came when a FANTASCI member stumbled upon this.

More precisely, Imogene stumbled upon Hollie holding a fork (because forks are GREAT weapons) and preparing to murder the chicken

More precisely, Imogene stumbled upon Hollie holding a fork (because forks are GREAT weapons) and preparing to murder the chicken. Horrified, Imogene grabbed at Hollie's arm - narrowly missing the fork hitting her eye - and drove the fork into the ground (because Imogene is a pro fork-wielder). She then picked up the chicken, cradled it into her chest, and stared at Hollie defiantly.

Bre screeched in the background, just because she felt like it. Bird accused her of stealing her line (since, you know, Bird is a bird and chickens are birds and you get the idea). Wren pointed out that she was also a bird.

"Chicken go bye bye," Hollie said, pointing at the chicken (since FANTASCI members are writers and we're eloquent like that).

"NO! Chicken sad," Imogene returned, holding the chicken closer.

"Okay, wait, hold up. What on Earth is going on here? We're supposed to be writing about our revival, not talking about chickens and whatever you're going to talk about next," Elle, ever-responsible, pointed out.

"CHOCOLATE, I WANT CHOCOLATE, DID SOMEONE SAY CHOCOLATE -"

Everyone simultaneously rolled their eyes.

Kat said, "Which of you losers said that now? I swear, we might as well become a server dedicated to chocolate. Forget the fantasy and science fiction, let's be CHOCOLATESCI."

"Chocolates, Inc, you mean," Ana chimed in.

"Who's going off-track now?" Nick asked, shaking his head.

A goat ran across the field in which the FANTASCI members were standing. Nick looked sheepish.

Ignoring the great pun, Wren replied, "I don't care, we're becoming Chocolates Inc and everyone except Hollie is invited."

Hollie looked very put out. "What did I do now?"

"YOU TRIED TO KILL A CHICKEN. This is a vegetarian-only establishment."

Ignoring the murderous thoughts of some of the members of FANTASCI, Angie grabbed the microphone. "Hi, Wattpad. We're here to announce that" -

A mysterious clucking noise sounded in the background (and Angie continued, because she's sensible like that). "We're alive, and we're going to stay that way. We've undergone some structural changes that basically mean that FANTASCI is going to be a lot better-run, but more importantly, what that means for you is that we're coming up with better projects and more regular content."

"In simpler terms," Bre coughed, "everything's changing! Our structure, our account theme, our projects... but first we are starting with a giveaway and two contests!
Welcome, fantascizers. To FANTASCI: 2020 edition."

"Featuring LIVE chickens!"

Bre clucked.

Kat laughed.

...Far in the heavens, the gods sighed and said, "Why is FANTASCI a thing, again?"