No Turning Back Now

Izuku Midoryia's journal
Entry 2, Date: XX XX XXXX
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't sleep much last night. Everything from the day before kept me awake, from thinking. I'm not sure if joining a villain group would be the best idea. I mean, I'd be doing illegal things, maybe even killing. That would be really dangerous. Plus, its pretty far from being a hero. I want to help people, not hurt them.

Everyone hurt you, except these villains. They want you. Why not get revenge?

Maybe...

I looked over at the card Shigiraki gave me. It has an address, I assume that's where I'm supposed to go to meet with them.

I made my decision. I got up and picked up my backpack, setting it on my bed. I grabbed a few sets of clothes, my hero analysis books, a laptop, and stuffed them in the bag.

What about mom? I can't just leave her!

Before I left, I decided to leave her a note.

Dear Mom,
I'm sorry. I can't take this anymore. I'm leaving. But don't worry, it's not your fault. You've always been good to me, but I can tell you've been stressing yourself trying to support me. Maybe with me gone, you can enjoy yourself more. I promise I'll take care of myself.

Love, Izuku

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the address. It looked like an abandoned warehouse. Not what I was expecting.

I knocked on the door, to be greeted by a purple mist like figure. "What's a kid like you doing here?"

"Uhm.. I'm Izuku Midoryia, Shigiraki told me to come here. Is this the wrong place?"

"Ah, Midoryia. Tomura told me you'd be coming. Come in, then" the mist man gestured for me to enter, and I quickly followed.

There's no going back.  This choice is permanent. If I do this, I'll be a villain for the rest of my life.

"Uhm, what's your name?"

"I'm Kurogiri"

Inside was a bar, full of people I could only assume were villains. I decided against asking why the villain base is a bar, it's better than actually being an abandoned warehouse. Kurogiri led me to where Shigiraki was.

"So, you came. I take it you're ready to join the League then?"

"I'm ready"

"Good. If not I would have had to kill you, so no one else could find us"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat at the bar, while listening to Kurogiri and Shigiraki's conversation. I don't think it counts as eavesdropping, since they're talking about me.

"So, what made you decide recruiting Midoryia was a good idea?" Kurogiri asked. I'm not sure weather he's doubting me, since I'm quirkless, or if he's simply curious.

"Hey Izuku, do you have one of those notebooks?" I nodded. "Why don't you show it too Kurogiri, then"

I pulled one out of my bag, no. 12. The most recent one that isn't destroyed. Then I wordlessly handed it to Kurogiri. He flipped through the pages, and nodded approvingly.

"Impressive. I see what you meant about him being a useful asset."

"Thanks..." I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. I'm not used to praise, but it felt really good. Like I actually matter. I think I like it here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They gave me a room in an abandoned apartment complex, apparently this is were most people in the league stay. The room is sorta plain, just a bed, a bookshelf, and a desk, but its enough.

My role here is a broker. That means I'm going to collect information and give it to the league. I have the skills for it. Apparently I'm expert level at analysis, according to the rest of the league, and I took a coding class not to long ago, so hacking into the heroes' computers shouldn't be to difficult to figure out.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this..

I pulled out all my notebooks and arranged them on the bookshelf. It's not what I was planning on, but I guess they will be useful after all. After I finished, I put my laptop on the desk. Then I flopped down onto the bed.

This is crazy! What am I thinking, joining the villains?

No going back.

I hope mom understands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entry End.

Inko found the note on Izuku's desk, not long after he left for "school". She had gotten a call from the office, saying Izuku hadn't come, and asking why. So, Inko checked his room, finding the note.

The message hurt, but especially one particular line.

Maybe with me gone, you can enjoy yourself more.

He clearly thought that Inko was upset, and it was his fault. But really, Inko was happy just being with her son.

Though, the last line, I promise I'll take care of myself, made her feel a bit better. He had only ran away, not suicide. So there was a chance he could be found.

She took the note to the police station, hoping they could start a search for him.