Before the Grill

Hop laughed at his mum as she panicked.

          "Hop! It's not funny!" His mum grumbled as she began taking all the food out of the fridge. "The new Champion is coming over!" His mother added. Hop rolled his eyes. "You didn't act this way when Lee became champion." 

          "Leon is my son, your  brother. This is your childhood best friend. I have to show her our house is nice! Especially after what Leon told me," Hop's mum told him. "She's been to our place many times. And what do you mean 'especially after what Leon told you?' " Hop retorted. 

          All of a sudden a knock came on the door. "That must be them. Go get the door, Hop!" His mother shouted. 

          Hop ran to the door, opened it, to see (Y/N) standing there. "Hi Hop!" She said while waving.    My gosh she is dressed up cute! Wait what am I saying, she already is cute. Wait, what?!  Hop cleared his throat. "Hi, (Y/N)."  Hop was very confused at the thought he just had a second ago. They had been rivals! You can't fall in love with your rival, right?

          "My mom is getting the food out. You're here early!" Hop chuckled to (Y/N). "Yeah, my mom rushed me over here. That's how she is when we get invited out!" (Y/N) responded with a laugh, however it was a bit shaky. Was that nervousness in her voice?  All of a sudden there was an awkward pause, only to be broken by Leon.

          "Hop, she's your guest! Don't just stand there as if you are seeing a dynamaxed Pokemon in our front yard!" Leon teased. "Now, Leon, remember what I told you?" Hop's mum said. Leon's face had understandment all over it, as he nodded and walked towards his mum.

          "(Y/N), since your here early, wanna go get the grill with me?" Hop asked. "Sure!" (Y/N) responded.

          While they were walking to the shed, embarrassment filled Hop. Why in the world did I ask her to carry the grill!? Goddamnit, Hop, you are an idiot. "Is something wrong?" A sweet voice interrupted his thoughts. He looked next to him to see (Y/N), her face full of concern. 

         "No, no not at all!" He responded quickly. "Ok. I just thought, maybe you didn't want me here? You seemed pretty, different once I had arrived." (Y/N) said, looking down at her feet. Hop stopped walking. "No, I wanted you here!" He said desperately, only just realizing he had grabbed her hands. 

          He quickly pulled away. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to grab onto you like that!" Hop blurted. (Y/N) seemed to be broken, as she just stood there, her hands in the same position. Her face was as red as a tomato.