Thanksgiving

New Girl

"Hey, Rose." I smiled as she walked inside with grocery bags.

"Hey, Arya." She smiled.

"Don't worry. I will do everything." She started to place the ingredients on the table. "Don't even get up." She smiled. "Enjoy your beers, " she looked at Leo, "and water. Just curious, does anybody know anything about cooking?"

Travis brought his hand up to his forehead making a 'slap' sound.

"Mmm-mmm." Dakota shook her head.

"No pressure." Rose looked at all of her ingredients. "But like, cooking a turkey, for example." She looked at me. "It says you need some kind of string."

I looked at Leo knowing that he's probably bothered by the unorganized foods on the table and the plastic bags on the counter behind her.

"Trussing string." He answered scratching the side of his neck. "Here's a tip. Don't cook Thanksgiving dinner for six people in 17 hours."

"Will you help me?" She looked dazed.

"No. Definitely not."

"What if I invite Selena?"

"Don't do it." Travis looked at Leo.

Leo smiled and Travis said, "no, Leo."

"Okay." Leo grinned.

"No, no!" Dakota, Travis and I knew this would be a mess.

"But I want you to know one thing and one thing only."

"Okay." She nodded her head.

"I've got some control issues in the kitchen."

"Uh-huh." She batted her lashes.

"I'm cooking the whole meal. I don't want you touching anything."

"Yeah." She nodded her head.

"And don't say, Leo, Leo, you're using too much salt, because I'm not."

"You will never hear that."

"Let do this." He raised his hand for a high five and Rose gave him a high five, "yes!" She made a first and brought it closer to herself.

                  ❃❃❃NEXT DAY❃❃❃

"This hasn't thawed!" Rose looked at me as I drank my coffee. "Hey, you think this'll melt if I put it in the dryer?"

"It's not melting. You had it the first try and you don't put a whole turkey in a dryer." I answered.

"So what do I do?" She asked.

"Leave it to Leo. He knows best." I smiled and Rose grabbed a hand full of walnuts.

"Oh-" I pressed my lips together looking at Leo.

"What is... Are you... Did you, " he cleared his throat. "Wash your hands?"

"I'll wash them after."

"Mm." I gently shook my head.

"Okay, no." He tried to remain calm. "See, just..." She continued to touch the walnuts. "Just...can you just... Just- can you stop?" He grabbed the bowl of walnuts. "'Cause now the entire bowl of walnuts is compromised." He waved his hand over the lid of the trash can and once it opened he tossed them inside.

"Could've just washed them and gave them to someone who doesn't care."

"Like me!" Sam spoke from the couch.