"Do it," Louis chuckled, squeezing my hand.

I sat up, pulling Louis up with me and scooted so that I was sitting between his legs with my back to his chest. I set my left hand on top of his and closed my fingers between his in a way that showed both of our rings. I snapped a photo on my phone and posted it to all my various social media accounts with the caption "What happens in Vegas..."

In less than a minute, my phone was ringing and Rick's name popped up on the screen. I shot Louis a nervous look and answered my manager's call. "Ricky Ricardo! To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked sweetly, as if I didn't know what was coming.

"Natalie," Rick sighed my name heavily. "Please tell me this is some sort of practical joke and you didn't just up and get married to some random guy in Vegas."

"Technically, he's not random. I married Louis!" Louis kissed my cheek as he left the bed to answer his own phone, which had also begun to ring.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" Rick sounded angrier than I had ever heard him before. "Do you understand how much backlash you'll be getting in the media? This is not what we need right before an album drops, Nat! Things have just calmed down after Chase's nudes leaked, and you go and do this?" He let out a terse laugh. "What could I have possibly done in a past life to deserve this kind of stress?"

"Rick, just breathe. I'm an adult and I'm capable of taking care of myself. This was my decision to make and nothing anyone would have said would have changed my mind. I love Louis, and we wanted to do this one thing of our own free will before our lives were taken over by strict routines again."

"It was completely irrational, Nat." I tried not to giggle as the phrase reminded me of my friend Erin's old band, Complete Irrationality.

"I know that, but when have I ever been rational, Rick?"

"I would have at least liked a little bit of forewarning. Or at least an invite."

I smirked. "So, would now be a good time to tell you we're expecting or should I just post the ultrasound pic?"

"NATALIE REED YOU BETTER BE JOKING!"

I laughed loudly. "Wow, Rick, you really need to relax. I was kidding. I promise to let you know before I make any more irrational decisions, alright?"

"Okay. I need to sort out a press release. Bye." He hung up before I could even say goodbye and I pouted as Louis walked back into the room.

"Who knew that getting married would be so complicated?" He asked lightly as he sat back down and rested his head on my shoulder.

I half-shrugged. "Probably every rational human being that has done it before."

Louis let out a short laugh and sat up to look at me. "I'm glad we did it, though. I love you, Natalie Reed."

--

When Louis and I entered my apartment the next evening, we were greeted by my three bandmates. I waved a hand as I moved towards my bedroom. "Hey guys! Movie night?"

Delia, my roommate and the guitarist, huffed. "No. Band meeting, actually." She gave me a pointed look and I held back a sigh. Delia was pissed, and I could see the anger simmering in her blue eyes

"Oh, alright. Can I settle in for a minute? Driving for almost five hours really takes it out of ya." I inched towards my room, silently praying that she would allow me a short reprieve.

"No. Put your bags in your room and come back out here. We're having this meeting now."

I sighed and walked into my bedroom, setting my bags on my bed. "Off to the firing squad, I guess," I said to Louis, who gave me a reassuring smile.