Chapter One

TW: Abuse, Drugs, Alcohol, Suicide mentions, Bombing(s) and Depression.

It was a hot day out, at least hotter than usual, throughout the desert. Mostly empty houses scattered around in the middle of nowhere, only a few being occupied. In the distance a tall figure walked, a black umbrella held above their head.

Sand blew across the dry roads and paths, onto the persons shoes. A black curl in front of their face was blown away from their eyes with a small chuckle, looking around as they walked before seeing a small boy with glasses approaching, a smile on his face.

"Boris!" The boy yelled out as he sprinted towards the other, bumping into him gently as he failed to stop himself in time.

Boris looked down at the small boy and subtly moved the umbrella over his head. "Здравствуйте." He said softly, which caused the smaller male raise his eyebrow, a confused look in his eyes which were hidden behind his slightly dirty glasses.

"English, Boris.." He replied, nudging his arm gently as he began to walk alongside the taller boy.

"Hello." Boris simply spoke out, looking down at the other with a smile. "Potter." He teased with a chuckle, although it only earned him another nudge to the arm.

"My names Theodore, or well you could even call me Theo, and you know it!" Theo huffed out in annoyance, although he really didn't mind the name too much at this point, just playing along as annoyed to amuse the other.

Boris rolled his eyes slightly, placing an arm around Theo's shoulders so his hand could ruffle the others hair without being easily pushed away. "No.. 'Tis Potter!" He exclaimed happily looking down at him as he attempted to push Boris away, laughing as the smaller male failed to do so as easily as he thought.

"It is not Potter!!" Theo retorted, doing his best to try and push the taller boy away from him, but it wasn't working too well due to it just pulling himself along everytime Boris moved away. He let out a sigh and gave up, his arms dropping back down to the side, although one wrapping around Boris' waist for more support as he walked with the taller males arm around his shoulders.

Boris laughed loudly and shook his head. "Whatever you say... Potter." He said in a teasing tone once more.

They walked in silence for a while after that, just enjoying each others company for now. Sometimes a small, breathy, laugh would come from Boris' barely parted lips but he never explained why he was laughing, so Theo was left confused but he didn't question it.

It seemed like hours passed as they walked down the empty streets, the bottom of their trousers covered in small specs of sand that had attached themselves to them. Boris glanced over at his house and his smile almost immediately faded, tears burning at the ends of his eyes, holding onto Theo a little tighter and speeding up subtly.

Theo noticed the slightly strange behaviour of the taller male and looked in the direction his gaze seemed to be focused on, remembering what he had seen in that house once, his eyes shifted back to Boris and he smiled softly, his free hand moving up so it was relaxed on top of the others. "Hey.. You want to come to my house for the night..?" He asked softly, making sure not to startle the other.

Boris looked over and down at the smaller boy beside him, taking a deep breath and slowly nodding. "Yes please.. That would be good.. I appreciate this um.. I'll make it up to you!" He quickly rambled out as he dug through his pockets, pulling out a small tin. "I bought this from my dealer a few days back, will a few lines make it up to you?" He asked, his head tilting to the side slightly.

Theo stared at him quietly and glanced down at the tin before his gaze returned to Boris' eyes. "Oh um.. Yeah I guess that'll make it up to me, we just have to wait until Xandra leaves to go out with her friends alright?"