Chapter 19

Izuku's POV~

I woke up to the steady beeping noise of a heart monitor. Over the past year or so at UA, I've become quite accustomed to the sound. My body felt heavy and I wasn't sure I had the will to try and move any of my limbs. I settled for prying my eyes open instead.

Initially, the bright lights of the room nearly blinded me, but after blinking a few times, I was able to adjust. I looked over at my side and saw a mess of spiky blonde hair resting on my bed. I smiled softly to myself while taking in the sight. It's not everyday I get to see Kacchan sleeping and cradling one of my hands.

I decided I needed to wake him up and gently ran a hand through his hair. He moved a little, but only to lean into my touch more. I quietly laughed at his behavior, but didn't pull away from him. "Kacchan, I need you to wake up." I mumbled, hoping that it would work better than my first idea.

"No." He groaned as he moved his face so it was buried in the hospital blankets.

I laughed again. He seemed pretty out of it and it was... cute, I guess. "C'mon, I need-" That was when everything clicked in my head, all of the memories came rushing back. We went to save Hitoshi, I almost got him out but Shigaraki got me, Shoto was backed into a corner, Kacchan was the one who got to me, and then- that's all I remember. What happened to Hitoshi and Shoto?!

"Kacchan, wake up!" I said frantically, pushing him back a little. I felt bad for being so rude, but I needed to know what happened to my boyfriends and why they weren't here.

"Whoa- Fuck Deku!" He said in a relieved tone. He quickly grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, which I gladly returned. "If you ever scare me like that again, I'll fucking kill you." He mumbled into my hair.

"Noted." I said back before pulling away. He pulled back reluctantly. "What happened? Where's Shoto and Hitoshi? Are they okay? God, please tell me they're okay!" I said, grabbing onto the material of his shirt and slightly shaking him.

"Calm down Deku, they're both fine!" He said, grabbing onto my wrist and bringing them down to rest in between us, not letting them go. "Hitoshi was a bit beaten up, but physically he was just left with pretty bad bruises. He's obviously fucked up over his mom, but I think he's gonna be okay. Shoto had a few broken ribs and was a bit scratched up, but he'll be fine in a few weeks." He explained, calming me down almost instantly. They were fine. They were a little beaten up, but they were fine.

Then it hit me. Kacchan didn't use nicknames for Hitoshi and Shoto. He didn't even use their last names. He used their first names.

I wanted to tease him for it, but I didn't have the time. I still didn't know where they were and I was still anxious. "Okay, that's fantastic to hear." I said, "Where are they right now though?" I asked.

"Don't worry. We've all been holed up in here for the past two days, they just went to get some food. They'll be back in like ten minutes." He said calmly, finally getting rid of all my worries.

Now I could tease him.

"So, you guys are on a first name basis now." I said cheekily. He immediately turned red. "Look at you blushing!" I said, poking his cheek and getting my hand swatted away.

"Shut up." He mumbled, looking away from me.

"Aw Kacchan!" I cooed. It was so weird seeing him like this. He wasn't blowing up at all, he was just being quietly embarrassed.

"You aren't, like mad, or anything, right?" He asked me anxiously.

I tilted my head to the side like a lost puppy. "Why would I be mad at you?" I asked him, genuinely not knowing why I could possibly be mad at him.