“How do you know?”

“Only half the silver has tarnished. Which means the other half was still pure” she explained and I gulped.

She was right! The other half of the necklace was still pure silver. I had just not paid any attention to the other half. I would have done something stupid in anger.

“What’s happened to her?” I asked in a whisper.

“I think she is possessed.” Genessa announced and I felt the ground collapsing beneath my feet.

“Possessed?” Cam asked and I just realized that he and Sveta were with us too. Both looked shaken just like me.

“By some evil” Genessa said carefully.

“How did you find out?” I questioned in a barely audible voice.

“Her eyes. I can never forget those unique blood red eyes.” Genessa said with a genuine smile. “Something I said earlier, made her angry and she glared at me, but her eyes weren’t red. It was black. I realized something was wrong and then I saw her chain….” She trailed off and I nodded.

“How can it happen to Templar? She is the Goddess’s daughter” Cam said in disbelief. “How can she be possessed by something-”

“Is Luka sleeping?” Genessa questioned in a shrilly voice, cutting Cam off and I frowned at her. What happened to her now?

“Yes. I wanted to play with him” Myron joined and I shot him a puzzled look. “It was lovely watching him sneak unexpectedly behind you” Myron stressed the last word and I got the message so did Cam and Sveta.

“Yes, uh… he is. He is sleeping. He had a… a very long day” Sveta said faking a smile. “Oh, hi Templar” she said nervously.

“Everett” Templar called me. Myron smiled and then quietly signaled me to face her. Taking a deep breath and unclenching my fist, I turned to face Templar.

The first thing I did was stare at her chain and yes, the other half of the chain was pure silver which means, my Templar was still there.

“Let’s go?” she asked and I nodded with a growl. My Templar was there but this was not her and I was sure of it. Her eyes widened at my growl and Myron coughed from behind me.

“Come on, I will walk you towards your car” Genessa said and then holding Templar’s arm, she literally dragged her away from us.

“We are coming tomorrow to your pack. Let’s talk there until then behave normally. Whatever it is, it doesn’t know that we know the truth.” Myron said and I nodded.

“Just act normal” I said through gritted teeth. “Besides, I will know from now whenever Templar is possessed because my mate isn’t evil at all” I said with a smirk.

Game on!

I closed the driver’s door and buckled my seat belt. “What were you talking about?” the possessed Templar asked me.

“Just stuff” I muttered without looking at her. I felt disgusted at myself that I tried to kiss her earlier today. Gross! Who is it there instead of Templar?

“Stuff like?” she probed.

“How the ceremony was and all” I lied smoothly. The possessed Templar didn’t bother asking any questions after that.

None of us spoke a word until we reached home.

I watched her climbing up the stairs and going to our room. “Rett” she called and I cocked an eyebrow. “The cameras are they installed everywhere?” she demanded to know and I narrowed my eyes.