Chapter 27: Performance

Start from the beginning

Liuli Theater had always insisted on using the most ancient production art. There were not many old theaters that have complete shadow puppets anymore.

After watching the introduction of the theater for almost ten minutes, the audience who did not know what the purpose of today's performance was shocked by the appearance of the host who suddenly appeared!

No, they did not feel cheated. In fact, they actually felt honored. Really lucky ah! The host turned out to be a big brother of Tianzi Television—Hua Qian. Why was he here? No one told them anything.

At first, they thought that it was just a publicity campaign by the theater. They did not expect that the Hua Qian would appear here. He was a host that had an androgynous voice that simply made them feel both love and hate. What really was his sexual orientation? We were really curious, okay?!

Hua Qian's appearance was the first climax tonight. The audience liked him very much. They really wanted to see those who would perform tonight. He said that there would be more surprises later. We want to know! Hua Qian kept the people on tenterhooks. Stop keeping us in suspense or we would not love you anymore, and would then switch to Xuanzi's Shu Ying!

En. Shu Ying was another host from Xuanzi Television. Hua Qian's impassable rival. He had an upright and plainspoken face, but his voice was filled with magnetizing charm.

After explaining tonight's voting process and rules to the audience, Hua Qian shouted: "May I ask for everyone to watch the first group who is going to perform a selection from 《Romance of the Three Kingdoms》, 《Three Heroes Battle Lu Bu》!" He then walked down from the stage. His enchanting figure amused the audience. Hua Qian was really astounding, decisively turning everyone into his hardcore fan.

The first to perform on stage was Tao Bai Chen. After this morning's twists and turns, he finally rehearsed during the afternoon. According to his ideas, the master, who was forced to retreat, was now sitting in the audience. A pair of sharp eyes was filled with coldness. Let's see if this kind of arrogant and condescending guy who believed that he was infallible would be able to play well. Definitely not. I believe that this person, surnamed Tao, was just common goods.

(T/N: Imagine tsurime eyes on an old man... not cute... right)

If it weren't for the program team's apology and their arrangement for him to sit in the front row in advance, then this old master would not have watched the show.

Tao Bai Chen's role was Lu Bu. The Lu Bu he played ended up becoming an arrogant, and egotistical man. His lines had already deviated from the original, giving the people the feeling that they were not watching 《The Three Heroes Battle Lu Bu》, but an elementary play instead.

Well, Lu Bu was the youngest of the three. Three heroes came on behalf of the oldest to vent their anger.

Zhang Fei scolded: "I will beat you to death, you cheap person! I will beat you to death! I will beat you to death!"

This script's level: ......

The old master was not wrong. Tao Bai Chen was indeed too arrogant. His performance was too modern; none of the intonations felt raw. It sounded too much like Modern Chinese. All the lines have been changed. The master got angrier as time passed, but he still did not say anything. He believed that the people who knew shadow play would be aware of this person's level.

For example, at this time, Venerable Shao, who was in the VIP room, cracked a melon seed open and ate it. Of course, he had also commented on the performance of the first group: "This performance is just like a lump of feces. Where did they find this fourth-rate actor?"