"Ser Brienne." Bran nodded. "Please, come closer." He motioned her toward him.

Brienne covered the distance from the entrance to the throne in short order, noticing with pride how Ser Podrick stood at the ready by the King's side. He nodded a smile to her as she approached. She lowered her head and kneeled with the utmost reverence upon reaching Bran. She was still at a loss as to what it was King Bran could need of her. However, she was eager to do anything she could for him.

"You sent for me? Your Grace?" She inquired.

Bran motioned for her to rise. She did so, but stood at attention as he continued. "No doubt you are wondering why I have asked for you." He answered. Brienne smiled, a bit embarrassed, as if he had heard what was echoing through her mind. She always got the impression that he knew the thoughts of others. Perhaps that was another part of being the Three Eyed Raven.

"Yes. Your Grace." Brienne confirmed. "How may I be of service to you?"

Bran was thoughtful for a moment before he spoke. "I would ask for your service to my sister, The Queen in the North."

Brienne was suddenly concerned. Her senses alert as if Sansa were standing in the very room with her. "Is Queen Sansa is danger, Your Grace?" She asked urgently, eager to provide any help needed.

"Not presently." Bran reported. "However, I fear that the disunity which remains in the North could be of greater threat in the future than expected." He had obviously seen something in the shadows of time that worried him.

"I will do anything that I can to help." Brienne vowed.

Bran nodded, knowingly. He knew she would not refuse his plea to aid Sansa. "You have served the Stark's with valor." He asserted. "You have again demonstrated your skill and principles in assembling and training my Kingsguard."

"It has been my privilege, Your Grace." Brienne accepted the compliment humbly.

A shadow of regret crossed King Bran's angular features as he continued. "I could not have asked for any better guardian. It is with a heavy heart that I must ask you to relinquish those duties."

Brienne felt her stomach drop, and her knees go weak. She had always dreamed of such a position, of carrying those responsibilities on her shoulders. She felt that her command was the very role for which she had been born. She was good at it. She loved it. After all that she had been through, she needed it.

She felt the fear well up in her. Without her duties to consume her, what would she do when the memories, and painful emotions come flooding back? If she had nothing to distract her from her own mind, and from him, she feared the thoughts of Jaime would consume her. Yet, the worst thought of all was wondering if somehow she had disappointed the Starks.

"Have I done something to displease you, Your Grace?" She asked quietly and confused. "I assure you, any oversight on my part was completely unintentional."

Bran looked at her compassionately. He was afraid she would misunderstand. "Ser Brienne. You are more skilled, stronger, and more honorable than any other knight in the Realm. My request has nothing to with any failure on your part. Please believe that you have more than lived up to all expectations that were placed upon you. More so, in fact." The furrow between Brienne's brows only deepened, and her bewilderment grew.

Bran could not allow Brienne to think her performance anything but exemplary. He attempted to diffuse the sense of defeat he sensed in her. "The truth is that I am in desperate need of you expertise elsewhere." Brienne's eyes bore into him as she followed his every word. "I must call upon you to further my sister's interests in The North and Beyond."

"Beyond?" Brienne repeated.

"Yes." Bran confirmed. "Your actions, and travels in ensuring Stark rule in the North may very well take you Beyond the Wall. I have also been in contact with my cousin Jon Snow. He has already begun to work toward the same end."

Brienne was slowly realizing that what the King was asking of her was indeed of far greater importance than being his guard. As much as she truly relished her work in his Kingsguard, and as much fulfillment as she had found, she understood that the opportunity Bran was giving her was one she must not refuse. Suddenly, there was nothing she wanted more than to undertake this new challenge. She had to first make sure that King Bran would be protected.

As her excitement grew, so to did her courage. "May I make one request of my own, Your Grace?" Brienne ventured.

"Anything." Bran answered.

"If I am to leave Kings Landing, and set journey upon the mission you propose, I must first ensure that your Kingsguard will be led by the most capable knight in the Kingdom." Her earnest concern touched King Bran. "If it please you, Your Grace, May I recommend Ser Podrick Payne to assume the duties as Lord Commander of your Kingsguard?" She gave Pod a proud smile, and hoped King Bran would see the logic in her request.

He did indeed. A wide smile grew on his face. "I can think of no more suitable replacement." King Bran agreed. "Consider it done." Brienne bowed her head in gratitude.

Ser Podrick stood dumbfounded beside the king. He knew Brienne considered him a knight of advanced skill, or she would never have allowed his current position of Shield to the King. This, however, was more than he dared hope for. He was humbled at her confidence in him, and could only stare at her, the shock evident on his face. Brienne merely smile proudly at him.

"Ser Brienne." The King called attention back to the matters at hand. "Preparations have been made for your departure to Winterfell in two days. Will be enough time to settle your affairs?" He inquired.

Brienne nodded eagerly. "It will, Your Grace." She confirmed. Apparently Bran had been certain she would accept.

Bran nodded and then turned toward Pod. "Ser Podrick?" He asked. "Will that be adequate time for you to choose a successor for you current position?"

Podrick smiled. "Yes, Your Grace." He agreed, still not believing what had happened.

"Very well. It is settled." Bran decreed, maneuvering his wheeled chair to leave the throne room. Pod fell in step behind him, taking the handles, and awaiting further directions.

"I am grateful to know that Queen Sansa...and The North will be in your capable hands." Bran smiled at Brienne, and at that he motioned for Pod to usher him from the room and onto his next order of business. Brienne was left to ponder the events of the last few moments, and the possibilities to come. She had thought her destiny was to be in Kings Landing. Perhaps she had been wrong.